1.4K views

I took my shitzui to pet smart a month ago, we asked them to get rid of his not so matted hair, they said that it will have to be shaved off to one inch, So I said no problem, I went back and he got totally shaved, he was in total shock and distress, above all he was biting and licking his left leg, when I picked him up he was crying and his body was in the form of the letter C.I took him home and found that he was totally uncomfortable and I called them to find out if he fell or if they did anything to him?

They obviously said NO,and claimed that it's stress on his appearance, well week after week he was getting worse with shivers and wobbles, it's obvious that there is something worse going on and I took him to the vet, she asked me if Fluffy fell, I said not to my knowledge and I told her about the way this all started, she said that Fluffy is not well at all, his wobble became paralysis in both hind legs and he had a bluish, purple spine, to make a long story very short, because I cannot continue, I had to put my baby down, he was only 4 years old, the most beautiful dog with such a huge loving joy that he brought into our lives, full of energy and tenderness. Petsmart is a place that should have their washing area open glass to see what is going on and monitored by camera's, we cannot see what is going on back there and they will not allow anyone to go in there either. We should have a policy to protect our family member or members, but before I go there, I will surely let everyone know that, I will never ever go there again. I am better off to go for a course in dog grooming and doing it myself, rather than pay this heartbreaking price.

I miss him so much that it hurts every second to see my best friend and baby gone.Shame on you Petsmart, shame on you.

Review about: Petsmart Grooming Service.

Had an Experience with Petsmart?

Comments

caroljsharma

I am so sorry for your loss.I had a shih yzu myself named Peanut butter, and after we changed her food to the brand Nutro because she had a corn allergy, after being on the food for only 4 months, we started to notice changes in her behavior, like she was having accidents in the house, which she never had before, she stopped playing with her toys, she stopped eating her food, and then, the big one, she started having petite mal seizures.

We took her to the vet's office and her white count was sky high, and several of her systems were affected. We found out that the FDA were conducting an investigation into that company due to complaints from consumers about their dogs having seizures and dying. I don't blame any store because there wasn't a recall on the food. I do blame the FDA however for knowing that this problem is going on, killing so many people's beloved pets, and not pulling the food off the shelves, just leaving it there so it could kill more pets.

So, I am so very sorry for your loss. I will pray for you and Fluffy.

I hope that you can at least be at peace knowing that he is not in any pain, although I know that is often of little comfort to us when we so wish our loved ones were here with us.I know that he's here with you in your heart.

Whitby, Ontario, Canada #996988

You shouldn't blame your dogs paralysis and death on PetSmart...I see your upset and you don't really care who you blame, you just want to point the blame to make yourself feel better clearly.

Getting a haircut didn't kill your dog... And they would have told you and offered to pay veterinary bills if they were responsible for any such mistake. You have zero evidence that PetSmart groomers were the cause.

How would you like it is someone blamed you of a loved ones death wherever you work?Its not nice!

indigo1898

Poor little thing. That is so incredibly sad...

A dangerous place is KC S PETS in Ajax,Kingston rd.Stay away.Recalled food on shelves,owner very proud not to loose on sales!!!,manager dishonest to the core,groomers without license.The place is filthy...and dogs are washed with cold waters..sad,very sad

Customers trust and believe what the professional is telling them...that is why they do not perform these tasks themselves.I would put my money on the original poster being 100% honest about her reaction to what the groomer was telling her.

Dogs have a high thresh-hold for pain and I have heard Petsmart groomers lie to cover up their actions due to fear of being fired or just inability to admit failure. Lots of dogs and cats are injured in their care facilities on a regular daily basis and it is covered up or for lack of a better word "shut-up".

DO NOT BE FOOLED!!!However, do form your own opinion...good luck!!!!!

to Anonymous Boston, Massachusetts, United States #941208

Yes i agree the petsmart groomets are uncabaplel of doing a good job no enough experience and disonest i never take my Pet there again !! N

This chick sounds like a wacko.

my daughter use to work at petsmart in the washing station at the back where nobody can see you. see quit the job. the mistakes are coming from the front not the back.

I took my St.Bernard to Petsmart grooming.She came back with nothing done that I had told them to do...Shedding badly STILL,I specifically requested when I dropped her off that a shedding rake be used, due to her being a longhaired/rough coated Saint, AND that the hair between her toes also be trimmed back, as rough coat Saints have a tendency to get "iceballs" between the pads of their toes in snowy weather.

I also asked that her whiskers be trimmed back as well, since that IS THEE proper way to groom them! Got her back, and tah dah! she looked like ***. I thanked them by never using their facility anymore, and I also told them that WHY is it that the breeders and the folks that show them seem to be the only ones that know how to groom them!

DUH!!Never again!

to anon Oshawa, Ontario, Canada #669349

They are pet groomers, not show groomers, also if you happened to book with a bather, they don't do hair trimming, they are not trained for it.