1.7
Additional Fees
Allergens Information
Layout of Store
Style and Design

We took our miniature schnauzer to Petsmart in clear lake for grooming and when we picked him up they tried to up charge us an additional $25 dollars. They said they were going to change his breed to a larger dog because he weighed 23 lbs.

we have been getting him groomed at Petsmart For 5 years. I refused to pay the up charge and spoke to the manager and she said that was ridiculous and corrected the bill and said she would note the account so it would not happen again. When we rescheduled For the next cut we confirmed the price and they said no problem. I took him in on 2-24 -19 and the girl in the groomer told me again that she would be charging me and up charge and I told her we worked it out whit the manager and she said she did not care, she said she was the groomer and she has policies to follow.

I told her that I refuse to pay extra because she thinks my dog should be a Standard schnauzer and not a miniature Schnauzer, he is a Pedegree dog, we even told his vet what they did before and she also thought it was ridiculous, that he is clearly a miniature Schnauzer. So the girl tried to grab his leash from me very aggressively and said this is the last time she will groom him. And I said no that I now don’t feel comfortable leaving him with her, I told her I was afraid she would take her anger out on me dog and she gave me a smirky smile and said she would never do that. I told her I wanted us both to go see the manager and we headed to her office, the groomer started to whisper to the manager before I could tell her what just happened and the manager was immediately one sided, I told her what happened and the groomer was very unprofessional and a smart Alec.

The manager told me i could not use their services again and I told her I was not planning to ever use her store again that I just wanted to make her aware of the problem I was having with the groomer. She said she would always take the side of the employee. On several occasions the manager had to tell the groomer to be quiet and stop aggravating the situation. I was clearly upset and standing my ground.

You can not change a dogs breed just so you can charge money, you can not leave your pet with a groomer that you feel will harm your pet after showing aggression and making comments. This groomer should not be working with people’s pet and Petsmart should reevaluate the manager that they have in place.

Product or Service Mentioned: Petsmart Grooming Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments