1.3K views 15 comments
Featured

Be aware!!!!.I took my dog this morning to the pet smart in Orlando, Fl 8219 S John Young Pkwy.

When i picked him up the lady told me that by mistake she hurt a little his tongue. After paying and going to my car, I saw that she actually cut a whole piece of his tongue and he was bleeding. We talked to the manager and they send me to the vet where they say they cant do anything about it.

I think this is crazy.I'm really mad and i will never take him to this place again....

Review about: Petsmart Manager.

Had an Experience with Petsmart?

Comments

Petco or any of those pet store groomers are the same way, please stop taking your pet to those idiots.I heard they don't have to even be licensed to be a groomer.

I volunteer with the cats at a petco for a shelter and just this past Friday, I heard the groomer yelling at the dog. God knows if she was yanking it, I couldn't see. Don't trust grooming your pets at pet stores , for your pets safety, if you love them.

Or wait with them and watch.Don't leave your pets side for gosh sakes!

Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, United States #1234463

Sue them you have two years so sue them.

Shianne
Tampa, Florida, United States #1039331

The people in this world today have no respect for anyone.I don't trust a single person and this is why.

ACCIDENTS do happen but, if you are a professional and injure my baby, you best contact me as soon as possible !!!!!

NOPE,NOT HAPPENING IN THIS DAY AND AGE !!I am so sorry for ignorance and people that just don't care.

Jenni
Florida, United States #931138

Really?Accidents happen?!

Are u people morons. U can control cutting a tongue but since the shltty groomer knew it happened they should have told the owner right away or had the dog looked at by banfield and taken care of free of charge. The shady groomer tried to hide it. Who cares if pets are like kids or family.

Who cares?!!! They're ANIMALS and should be treated with utmost care. It doesn't matter what emotional damage it causes to the pet parents u retards. It's about the safety of the animal stupids.

Cutting a tongue is grounds for getting fired or a lawsuit or at least getting the dog treatment. We don't own pets were just temporarily taking care of them or permanently.

People give the dumbest reasons and no accidents do NOT HAPPEN LIKE THIS.GET HELP CREEPS

StarKissed
South Bend, Indiana, United States #892272

Sorry this happened to your little friend.From some of the horror stories I've read here about Pet Smart, you may be fortunate, that was all that happened.

Hopefully he heals fast.

Madison, Wisconsin, United States #789081

I groom my own dog.Because it calms him, he licks continuously while I do it.

The scissors, my hands, etc.It's never happened to me, but this isn't that unusual.

anon

dogs stick there tongues out all the time during grooming.it is actually a very common place for a dog to get cut.

i have seen some dogs try to like shears and clippers.

they dont just stand there like statues all the time.so before we go assuming the groomer is shoving shears in the dogs mouth for sh*ts and giggles lets take a second and think logically here.

Breck
to anon San Marino, California, United States #892283

Children wiggle around quite a bit too, but you don't expect their stylist to cut their tongue in the process. Some pets are loved just like a family member, so when they're hurt, it can be an emotional experience for the person who loves and cares for them.

This owner has earned the right to be upset, and this forum has supplied a place for her to do so, whether anyone else approves or not, or whether or not having a piece of one's tongue cut off is "a common occurrence."

The vitriol isn't needed; it helps no one.

PuppyKisses
to Breck Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #903973

I understand your point and you are very right the pet parent has every right to be upset but they need to understand accidents happen.This is not a child that we only trim the hair on their head that is away from their mouth but a dog where we trim very close to the mouth.

Children also understand a lot more than a puppy does. Its a terrible thing when a puppy is injured but we cannot always stop it. I work at a petsmart where we are very careful not to injure dogs but 99.9% of the dogs that come in are excited or nervous and most wiggly on the table.

many do lick our instruments that could harm them we try our best but we are not perfect.I apologize to the pet parent and I wish your baby well.

to Breck #941241

Seriously??Your kids stylist cuts the hair on their head.

They don't go near their face.Dogs move, thrash and move unexpectedly, and even try to *** scissors and clippers, nail trimmers, dremels, so it is very possibly to nick a tongue.

If it's so easy do it yourself.

What an idiotic comparison.