Today, 04/20/15, I brought our 3 year old yellow lab into the Manchester NH petsmart store #1869 in for a routine full service bath and groom.A groomer took her into the back to start.
About an hour and a half later I recived a phone call from the store manage that they found a bleeding scratch on the back of her hind leg and had no clue where it came from. My wife and I went in to pick her up and took a look at her leg with The groomer and an assistant manager because The manager had gone home. They told us that they weren't sure if she came in with it or it was a past injury that opened up. But they thought that it looked like an old wound that was already healing.
The assistant manager then told us for our own comfort that we could take her to the emergency vet and that he would call ahead and let them know we were coming. And that Petsmart would cover the entire bill. Well what they called an old, supposedly healing "scratch", turned out to be a very fresh, less than hours fresh, laceration that required stitches on the inside to sew the skin layers back together and more stitches on the outside to close her leg.
Whatever they did to our dog, not only gashed her leg but stabbed deeper into her leg causing a very deep laceration.While I appreciate the company covering the vet bill for our dog, I will never ever be bringing her back there for any kind of grooming service again.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Severe injury to my dog
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Grooming Services
- Review category
- Animal Services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "These pictures show the before grooming and after grooming of my niece's puppy, Max. A once affectionate and fun-loving dog is now a neurotic mess. He won't come..."
- "This place is not suitable for ALL dogs. shy, nervous, scared dogs are neglected. The employees all seem to want to pay attention to the funny energetic ones and all your..."
- "I live in Frederick Md and called the Petsmart located at 2450 Osprey Way to book an appointment to get my cat Sophie groomed. Bath,nail trim and sanatary trim.I was..."
- "I purchased a waist training belt. I wore it one time and in less than two hours, it tore in two places. I tried returning it and have just been..."
- "IF you’re in a hurry, just watch the video https://youtu.be/SwRDVoFxK9A The rest is what led up to it. When I returned home Thursday afternoon my internet service via Sudden Link..."
- "Gamecoupon.org has players who are experts in playing the game and who keep winning the currency. They keep collecting the currency and then transfer it to the account of their..."
- "I ordered a set of headphones. According to the description, there is ONE (1) LED light on the headphones, which is used to show when the headphones are on, charging,..."
- "I brought in my grandmother's wedding ring (it's over 90 years old, she passed away, so this is all I have left from her) on July 18 to the store..."
- "I love Friendly's Sundae Extreme Chocolate Fudge Brownie! I buy it in the half-gallon size all the time. Only this time, there were NO BROWNIES! I was so disappointed. I..."