Petsmart - Severely injured our dog

296 of 791 Petsmart reviews

Today, 04/20/15, I brought our 3 year old yellow lab into the Manchester NH petsmart store #1869 in for a routine full service bath and groom.A groomer took her into the back to start.

About an hour and a half later I recived a phone call from the store manage that they found a bleeding scratch on the back of her hind leg and had no clue where it came from. My wife and I went in to pick her up and took a look at her leg with The groomer and an assistant manager because The manager had gone home. They told us that they weren't sure if she came in with it or it was a past injury that opened up. But they thought that it looked like an old wound that was already healing.

The assistant manager then told us for our own comfort that we could take her to the emergency vet and that he would call ahead and let them know we were coming. And that Petsmart would cover the entire bill. Well what they called an old, supposedly healing "scratch", turned out to be a very fresh, less than hours fresh, laceration that required stitches on the inside to sew the skin layers back together and more stitches on the outside to close her leg.

Whatever they did to our dog, not only gashed her leg but stabbed deeper into her leg causing a very deep laceration.While I appreciate the company covering the vet bill for our dog, I will never ever be bringing her back there for any kind of grooming service again.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Grooming

Reason of review:
Severe injury to my dog
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Grooming Services
Review category
Animal Services
review #624838 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Petsmart? Submit review ›
Helpful? 9 Yes 9 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
296 of 791 Petsmart reviews

PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.

Oct 06, 2015 #1043844

Aww, poor thing :( hope she healed well. I'd be livid!!

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Petsmart. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Petsmart.
Filing a new complaint about
×