Today, 04/20/15, I brought our 3 year old yellow lab into the Manchester NH petsmart store #1869 in for a routine full service bath and groom.A groomer took her into the back to start.
About an hour and a half later I recived a phone call from the store manage that they found a bleeding scratch on the back of her hind leg and had no clue where it came from. My wife and I went in to pick her up and took a look at her leg with The groomer and an assistant manager because The manager had gone home. They told us that they weren't sure if she came in with it or it was a past injury that opened up. But they thought that it looked like an old wound that was already healing.
The assistant manager then told us for our own comfort that we could take her to the emergency vet and that he would call ahead and let them know we were coming. And that Petsmart would cover the entire bill. Well what they called an old, supposedly healing "scratch", turned out to be a very fresh, less than hours fresh, laceration that required stitches on the inside to sew the skin layers back together and more stitches on the outside to close her leg.
Whatever they did to our dog, not only gashed her leg but stabbed deeper into her leg causing a very deep laceration.While I appreciate the company covering the vet bill for our dog, I will never ever be bringing her back there for any kind of grooming service again.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Severe injury to my dog
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Grooming Services
- Review category
- Animal Services
You May Also Like
- "I took my 3 dogs and my friends 6 month puppy to be groomed at the Pets Smart in Clearwater, FL when I got home I noticed my Bichons foot..."
- "This was out first and worse experience at petsmart hotel in fairlakes. We leave our friends: kiddie and a little dog to enjoy the weekend. I called them..."
- "I took my Akita as a one year old to get bathed. As I picked him up I noticed one of his fangs was broken out. that ended up costing..."
- "I love Friendly's Sundae Extreme Chocolate Fudge Brownie! I buy it in the half-gallon size all the time. Only this time, there were NO BROWNIES! I was so disappointed. I..."
- "I brought in my grandmother's wedding ring (it's over 90 years old, she passed away, so this is all I have left from her) on July 18 to the store..."
- "We purchased an expensive chair less than 5 years ago from ETHAN ALLEN. They encouraged us to purchase the GUARDSMAN WARRANTY that would enable us to get any stains..."
- "I called for a carry out pizza managers special witch says unlimited toppings well the man over the phone told me it's only 3 toppings for that pie so I..."
- "The first time I ordered from them I paid $50 something dollars but never could get my order . I decided to try again and 3 out of 4 of..."
- "Ref: 00411547 About a year ago I returned a portion of a bottle of Tide as I found that a glue-like substance kept blocking my Whirlpool Duet liquid soap dispenser...."