Today, 04/20/15, I brought our 3 year old yellow lab into the Manchester NH petsmart store #1869 in for a routine full service bath and groom.A groomer took her into the back to start.

About an hour and a half later I recived a phone call from the store manage that they found a bleeding scratch on the back of her hind leg and had no clue where it came from. My wife and I went in to pick her up and took a look at her leg with The groomer and an assistant manager because The manager had gone home. They told us that they weren't sure if she came in with it or it was a past injury that opened up. But they thought that it looked like an old wound that was already healing.

The assistant manager then told us for our own comfort that we could take her to the emergency vet and that he would call ahead and let them know we were coming. And that Petsmart would cover the entire bill. Well what they called an old, supposedly healing "scratch", turned out to be a very fresh, less than hours fresh, laceration that required stitches on the inside to sew the skin layers back together and more stitches on the outside to close her leg.

Whatever they did to our dog, not only gashed her leg but stabbed deeper into her leg causing a very deep laceration.While I appreciate the company covering the vet bill for our dog, I will never ever be bringing her back there for any kind of grooming service again.

Review about: Grooming Services.

I didn't like: Grooming.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Severe injury to my dog / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Petsmart?

Comments

Aww, poor thing :( hope she healed well. I'd be livid!!