Virden, Illinois
Featured on Facebook

My daughter took her Siberian Husky to PetSmart in Springfield Illinois to be groomed (brushed) like she has for years.They called and said Nyomi wouldn't stand still for that long (aged) and asked if she wanted them to do a short trim.

Related: Review about Petsmart Dog Grooming Services from King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania

Daughter asked if it was like they do around legs and butt area, response yes.

They SHAVED her!!!Any groomer knows if you shave a double coated dog it's like literally PULLING their hair out and very painful!?

Review about: Petsmart Dog Grooming Services.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Petsmart Grooming Service
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Petsmart?

Comments

Apollo Beach, Florida, United States #1241688

I don't know why anyone would bring their beloved pet to a groomer and not be there to supervise.I surely wouldn't!

While waiting for my dog one day, I saw many groomers unkind to the animals they were "grooming" I actually butted in and reprimanded them on behave of the owner who was not there.I then sat outside, waited for the owner to arrive and told them what I witnessed.

Shaving is not pulling the hair...It's cutting it.

Brushing/de-shedding is pulling the hair.Maybe the groomer did the humane thing and shaved the old dog instead of putting it through 2 hours of brushing torture.

Wrong.Shaving is not pulling hair out and it is not painful.

Very wrong. If the dog has massive undercoat and it is pelted, it is painful to brush that out, if not impossible! While I don't condone shaving double coated breeds due to the damage it may cause the coat and taking away the insulation from the heat, if the dog is unable to withstand the deshedding and dematting, then it must be done.

Now it is your responsibility to keep the dog deshedded and away from the sun and heat.Please don't make statements such as shaving being painful when you obviously have no knowledge.