Petsmart Sanitary Conditions Review from Westland, Michigan

I slipped & fell on some dog urine that was not cleaned up.Petsmart Utica, Mi is notorious for the Oops stations not having paper towels in the dispensers so customers can't clean up after their pets.

I broke my wrist & they deny any responsibility. "You're in a pet store, you should expect urine on the floor" is the explanation from their insurance company. I called to register a complaint to Corporate more than a month ago & have not heard a word. Since I am part of a rescue group volunteering there for over 16 years, you'd think they'd offer some kind of compensation for my medical bills.

NO. Corporate greed. The manager on duty that day didn't even offer to help, call EMS or anything. Just rushed over with a "Caution - wet floor" sign & asked where I fell.

She then filed a false report saying our rescue spilled the water. I know what dog urine looks like. Despite 3 months plus of suffering, nothing from Petsmart.

I have insurance; it would be gracious to offer to help with my out-of-pocket costs (considerable).Rescuing continues but they couldn't care less of the rescue groups volunteering there

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Petsmart Volunteers
Review category
Pet Stores
review #907259

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Petsmart? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 26 #1204007

Call a personal injury attorney. They will take your details and evaluate whether you have a case. You don't pay any fees upfront, they get a percentage of whatever they get from the insurance company on your behalf.

0 0 Reply

Aug 26 #1204099 Sterling Heights, Michigan

Can't sue for slip & falls in MI unless you have proof they knew the danger was there for a long time. Pretty difficult to get anywhere. But thanks.
All I'd like is help w/medical bills. Let this be a Warning to everyone out there to be careful.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Petsmart. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Petsmart.
Filing a new complaint about