PetSmart - Rather destroy toy than sell it to me for my cat.

116 of 791 Petsmart reviews

Please don’t shop at PetSmart – Please forward this story - This is what happened tonight at their store. As you may be aware my cat Star (20yrs old) passed away this past week, well my other cat Meka who is 5 years old and basically has known Star to be her mother since she was rescued at a couple weeks old has been sad and wanting more of my attention.

I thought I would go to PetSmart where I have been shopping for over 20 years to get a certain toy that Meka likes to cheer her up a bit. I went to the toy isle and found the toy that she likes and went to the checkout to purchase it. Well when the clerk scanned it the price came up for .01 (a penny) I laugh as I know it was a miss price, she told me she could not sell it with asking her supervisor as it seemed miss priced. I said that was fine as I would pay the real price as it seemed it was an error and laughed it off. When the supervisor “Albert” checked it he said it was miss priced and he could not sell it to me and to get something else, I explained that my cat likes only that type not the others on the shelf and I would pay whatever the real price was but that was the last one and I wanted it. He said he could not look the price up or sell it to me, and then said he was actually going to destroy it. I asked him if he really would destroy it rather than sell it to me and he said yes.

When I got home I looked the item up and to my surprise it is actually advertised for .01 limited supply at that store, when I called customer service they said they would take a complaint, I don’t have time to tell you what a run around I got.

I will never shop there again and I hope no one experiences what I did; they would rather destroy the only toy that my cat would play with rather than sell it to me. Here is the ad and I also got a picture of the employee holding the toy in the store, the same toy that customer service says they were out of stock. PetSmart advertises that they care about our pets, but clearly this store does not care.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had an experience with Petsmart? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
116 of 791 Petsmart reviews

PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.

Apr 05 #1139912

I work at a petsmart (not this specific one) and the reason why it rang up at $0.01 is because that particular item is no longer being carried at that store. It means it's not in line anymore and should have been taken off the shelves. I'm sure it was just missed when taking product off shelves, as accidents like that DO happen. We (petsmart employees) are taught that we cannot sell customers these $0.01 items, which is corporate policy. We are just following directions and doing what we are told. I'm not sure where you read that there was a "sale" for that toy for 1 penny, because we do not offer such "sales". But yes, we do have to "destroy" and toss many items- although mostly opened and expired food and treats.

1 0 Reply

Mar 30 #1136491

Glad I read this, what a shame. Shame in you pet smart (not s smart)!

0 1 Reply
rollo2016

Mar 30 #1136357

Complain to Petsmart corporate. They have a website. However, all stores I know of will honor the scanned price or if it has a price tag on it, will honor that if lower than the scanned one---thus, the complaint to corporate about this location.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.