Please don’t shop at PetSmart – Please forward this story - This is what happened tonight at their store. As you may be aware my cat Star (20yrs old) passed away this past week, well my other cat Meka who is 5 years old and basically has known Star to be her mother since she was rescued at a couple weeks old has been sad and wanting more of my attention.

I thought I would go to PetSmart where I have been shopping for over 20 years to get a certain toy that Meka likes to cheer her up a bit. I went to the toy isle and found the toy that she likes and went to the checkout to purchase it. Well when the clerk scanned it the price came up for .01 (a penny) I laugh as I know it was a miss price, she told me she could not sell it with asking her supervisor as it seemed miss priced. I said that was fine as I would pay the real price as it seemed it was an error and laughed it off. When the supervisor “Albert” checked it he said it was miss priced and he could not sell it to me and to get something else, I explained that my cat likes only that type not the others on the shelf and I would pay whatever the real price was but that was the last one and I wanted it. He said he could not look the price up or sell it to me, and then said he was actually going to destroy it. I asked him if he really would destroy it rather than sell it to me and he said yes.

When I got home I looked the item up and to my surprise it is actually advertised for .01 limited supply at that store, when I called customer service they said they would take a complaint, I don’t have time to tell you what a run around I got.

I will never shop there again and I hope no one experiences what I did; they would rather destroy the only toy that my cat would play with rather than sell it to me. Here is the ad and I also got a picture of the employee holding the toy in the store, the same toy that customer service says they were out of stock. PetSmart advertises that they care about our pets, but clearly this store does not care.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Petsmart and uploaded a picture. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Petsmart.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Pet Stores category for more informed decision or compare Petsmart to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Petsmart?

Comments

I work at a petsmart (not this specific one) and the reason why it rang up at $0.01 is because that particular item is no longer being carried at that store.It means it's not in line anymore and should have been taken off the shelves.

I'm sure it was just missed when taking product off shelves, as accidents like that DO happen. We (petsmart employees) are taught that we cannot sell customers these $0.01 items, which is corporate policy. We are just following directions and doing what we are told.

I'm not sure where you read that there was a "sale" for that toy for 1 penny, because we do not offer such "sales".But yes, we do have to "destroy" and toss many items- although mostly opened and expired food and treats.

Glad I read this, what a shame. Shame in you pet smart (not s smart)!

rollo2016

Complain to Petsmart corporate. They have a website. However, all stores I know of will honor the scanned price or if it has a price tag on it, will honor that if lower than the scanned one---thus, the complaint to corporate about this location.