This place is not suitable for ALL dogs. shy, nervous, scared dogs are neglected.
The employees all seem to want to pay attention to the funny energetic ones and all your nervous dog will do is spend their day in a corner. They will not be comforted.
Signs and ads everywhere will say "OUR PET CARE SPECIALISTS ARE CERTIFIED IN PET SAFETY" and this is barely true. The online test is basic knowledge with a few tricky ones, anyone with dog experience can pass it.
THE PLAY ROOMS HAVE HUGE WINDOWS. These play rooms are concrete and have a drain in the middle. When dogs pee it is mopped, *** is scooped up. Day Camp lasts from 9am-5pm and boarding dogs are left in those small rooms with a maximum capacity of 17 DOGS (should be more like 11).
Meanwhile, your dogs whole day will be exposed to the huge window, where customers can gawk from 10 feet away and kids can run up and down to get the dogs going.
I have witnessed dog fights in these windowed play rooms and every single fight, the room was currently PACKED FULL of dogs. Either that or a dog will attack the window at a child that thinks its funny to tease them.
When the Pet Hotel has enough check ins, they split into Big Dog and Small Dog camps. But when business is slow they will put a Chihuahua in a room with 3 Labradors and a Great Dane.
When your dog checks in for Day Camp, they will be walked to the back by an associate and literally PUSHED into the playroom with 17 dogs waiting to smother them on the other end. Whether they want to go in the play room or NOT, they are put in.
The pictures hanging in the Pet Hotel lobby depict attractive employees kneeling down to give dogs blankets and toys in their cozy Suites, which are more expensive than normal cage-type rooms. The reality is that your dog is put in a walk-in closet sized room with a windowed door. They will have a plastic cot and water, but you'll just have to hope that you get a good part-time "Pet Care Specialist" in order for your dog to get a soft bed or any blankets or toys.
Sometimes even your OWN TOYS that you bring for your dog will be forgotten.
The point is, this place has a near fast-food restaurant quality staff that is caring for your animals. They aren't trained, and they are barely certified.
I believe the big Petsmart corporate big-wigs got together one day and decided that they wanted more money, so they made a pet kennel INSIDE a retail store and, hey, LETS ADD WINDOWS FOR THE SHEER ENJOYMENT OF OUR CUSTOMERS. They made this place so it would JUST BARELY pass the guidelines for a decent kennel.
If your dog is submissive to everything and goes with the flow and will remain puppy-like happy through crowded rooms, and being neglected in cages for hours, the Pet Hotel will be fine for a day. But ANY dog with ANY special needs or concerns will be treated like cattle in the playroom, and are very susceptible to being attacked or being traumatized by witnessing an attack.
This review is not to personally attack a certain employee or certain store location, it is to warn all dog owners that the ads you see and the great amenities the employees tell you about are sub par, or sometimes just lies.
Your dog will hate it.
Lets just say they'll be VERY excited when you come to pick them up.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Safety regulations
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Petsmart Petshotel
- Review category
- Pet Stores
PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "This person is very unstable and is allowed to set up at the entrance at Petsmart. He is full of hate and I worry one day he will do something..."
- "I'm really pissed about the sale they have recently ran which has Black Ghost Knife fish on sale at half price. I went to the store when I got the..."
- "#HoboIsMissing My family member, Hobo, is missing. She has been sold to another unsuspecting customer because of the negligence, irresponsibility, lies and incorrect information given to me by the management of..."
- "You are selling a product called syringe pens. In light of all of the heroin overdoses it is highly inappropriate. Its one thing for a doctor to use it as..."
- "I paid thousands of dollars for lots of programs and education that I never got. He never even quit taking money each month out of my account until the..."
- "I'd like to bring to your attention a service and product quality breakdown (both of these). Last week I took my mother-in-law to your store because I happened to be..."
- "120$ Wasted on a dress that looks nothing like site dress very poorly imitated. If we had more money and time they wouldn't be worn. I will never order from..."
- "After 8 hours of trying to set up a new service for internet, I was told that Telus doesn't provide service in that area even though I had taken a..."
- "Dealing with Consumers Kitchens and Baths was a terrible experience! I do believe that they are the worst company I have ever dealt with. After they sent a man to..."