20530 E 13 Mile Rd, Roseville, MI 48066
Additional Fees
Allergens Information
Layout of Store
Style and Design
Poster decreased review rating.

Update by user May 05

***See my Chihuahua, Elsie. She was a 5 lb.

Black and White Chihuahua. She died after eating Purina wet food. She could no longer go to the bathroom or eat anything. I was hand-feeding her in my lap with a syringe.

It was horribly sad.

My other 2 Chihuahuas, Lucy and Dante, also got very sick, same food. My neighbor's black Border Collie mix, Raymond, also died from the same batch of food.***

Original review posted by user May 05

My dogs have HATED Science Diet. When my 3 Chihuahua's got sick from the same wet Purina food they'd eaten for years, my stupid Vet again prescribed this *** Hills Prescription Diet & Hills Science Diet.

Went to PetSmart, got 1 bag and 2 cans. I still had 6 cans from months before, same stuff, dogs hated it. There is NOWHERE else near me, not even the Vet's, that sells this stuff.

PetSmart made a huge to-do giving us some "prescription card" so next time we came in, we could easily buy this food.

A few days later, this official recall happened. Stopped feeding immediately, they weren't eating any of this really, shouldn't be a problem with an "official recall" at PetSmart, right? Wrong!

I take the 1 bag and 8 cans, I have the receipt for the bag and 2 cans, other cans you could look under my frequent rewards account and find it. The "Assistant Manager Chris" at the Roseville, MI store could not figure out how to do a return.

Then he tells me, he can't return these RX items without that useless RX card! What? He's holding my actual RECEIPT, I've had a PetSmart Rewards card for over 20 years! Why do I need the RX card? Where does it say this in ANY store policy? It's not even stated on the receipt.

This is an "official recall", animals are getting sick, maybe dying, and this JERK at PetSmart is telling me I need the RX card, that I threw away when this recall hit, to return the items that are on the receipt AND on my Rewards card.

Does this make any sense?

So I argued, show me this return policy, where does it say for RX foods I need the RX card, but NOT the actual receipt? It doesn't. Then he says, that's HIS policy.

He said “I’ll do you a favor this one time and give you a store credit…”

Yes, I kid you not, PetSmart's idiot employees have their own policy to go against corporate rules and do whatever the *** they want, even not taking back official recalls that they sold to us to make our pets sick.

I invite anyone to see PetSmart's Official Return Policy. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on it about needing the RX card that they issue when you buy RX food from them, you don't even need the receipt, and it's not on the receipt I handed him.

So then I said that in my car, I had the Purina food that made my dogs sick, one of my Chihuahuas died after eating this, so did my neighbor's dog, same stuff. I said I wanted to make sure I could get a store credit if I carried it in from my car. There was several cases, all Purina.

"Assistant Manager Chris" at the Roseville, MI store tells me the following in half a minute:

a. You need to complain to Purina to get your $$$ back

b. You need to complain to Purina and have them contact PetSmart to tell us to give your $$$ back

c. No, I'll only give you a store credit for the Purina food

d. You can't have a store credit or a refund for the Purina food you bought at PetSmart

e. You have to have the Store Mgr give you the refund

f. I'm not authorized to do "large refunds"

g. I don't know when the Store Mgr works, maybe Monday

h. I'm not sure of his name, oh wait, it's Greg

i. No, I can't check Greg's hours for Monday, the schedule isn't made yet (even tho it's 8PM on Saturday)

At no point did this genius, "Assistant Manager Chris" at the Roseville, MI store, even ASK if I had a receipt. He didn't offer to check my Rewards card either. Even tho to do his "as a favor" store credit, he had to input my phone # 3 different times.

My dog DIED from this Purina wet food. So did my Neighbor's dog. My other 2 dogs were sick and at the Vet from the Purina wet food. So I'm not asking for my Vet bills to be paid by PetSmart, I was asking them to honor their own Return Policy. The No-Hassles Return Policy. What a joke!

PetSmart's Return Policy:

"At PetSmart, your satisfaction is very important to us...we've made our return policies easy and convenient.

Returns or Exchanges With a Receipt:

Debit card purchases will be refunded as cash. (RX return)

Returns or Exchanges Without a Receipt:

Bring the product and a valid ID to any store and a merchandise return card for the most recent sale amount will be issued. If making an exchange, any positive balance will be refunded in the original form of tender.

Unless you have the unfortunate instance of dealing with "Assistant Manager Chris" at the Roseville, MI store, he will just do whatever he wants to do, policy or no policy. And give you lots and lots of attitude in the process. Oh your dog died? Go try your luck at finding the PetSmart store manager, what's his name.

Product or Service Mentioned: Purina One Dog Food.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Petsmart Pros: Selection, Prices, Rescues, What i accidentally believed was their return policy, Layout.

Petsmart Cons: Assistant manager named chris, Actual return policy, Delivery or customer service, Attitude of asst manager named chris, No help getting heavy items.

• Petsmart complaint