My 4 year old German Shepherd had a skin allergy and my wife went to PetSmart for some remedies. They recommended a "hot spot" spray and a doggy aspirin.
This was on 9/16/18. They showed her the product and highly recommended it to sooth any internal pain my dog may be experiencing. Two days later, 9/18/18, my dog suffered cardiac arrest due to blood loss because of internal bleeding. I gave him CPR and was able to revive him.
I took him to the emergency vet. They said he had internal bleeding and needed multiple blood transfusions. And, would need immediate surgery but would most likely survive it. He is only 4 years old!
He had no choice to put him down that evening. My best friend. The vet said that you should never give your dog aspirin even if suggested by pet stores. It is deadly for dogs.
It eats holes in their intestines. The vet cant believe that PetSmart would even recommend this product. Truth is, employees there have no veterinary training or schooling. They place the value of selling a product over the value of your pet.