3.7K views 81 comments

I keep seeing all these people complain about Petsmart Grooming,and I for one am tired of it.I understand there are bad groomers and Im not denying the fact that some groomers can have attitudes and not care and should be fired.

Related: Petsmart - Gruesome grooming

BUt 8 out of 10 times, its the customers. 1.Just because its "customer service" dosent mean they have "Im your ***" stapled to their name tags. So treat people like you want to be treated. 2.

If your dog is matted, it gets shaved. DO you know what goes into dematting? Its a painful process, it irritates the skin and the only way to remove mats is to RIP them out. Yes I said RIP, theres no "magic spray" that removes knots and tangles and if your groomer says there is, they are lying plain and simple.

Dogs need to be COMBED daily, not brushed but combed with a metal comb. Thats the ONLY way to prevent matting. 3. THere is no way a groomer can make your dog sick, dont take your dog someplace and not have the proper protection/shots.

4. Its very easy to miss fleas at home. Unless you have a flea comb, they are tricky little buggers and will do whatever it takes to be unnotices. Even crawing into your dogs butt/vulva/eyes/ears/nose/mouth They dont just sit on your dogs back and shout, "HERE I AM!".

5. Im sorry if the groomers dont know you by your name, YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL. I know you think you are but trust me, the two seconds before you walk in, the groomers are asking eachother, "who is this?" "do you know him/her?". 6.

If you bought a Goldendoodle, labradoodle, morkie, cockapoo etc....you are an ***. THere are no breed clips, so dont ask. THey arnt breeds, they are mutts, point blank. Ask the AKC 7.

If you bought a teacup anything....you are an ***. Teacup= runt and you just paid hundreds extra for a dog that WILL have health issues, dumb ***. 8. If your dog bites,then IT BITES.

If you ask how your dog did and the groomer says "uhhhhhh" or "ummm" or "well..." or " he dosent like it" then your dog IS A PIECE OF ***. It may be your baby and shouldnt *** you but your sweet precious angel cake has no issue biting somebody else. If your dog bites I guarentee every single last person in that salon hates it and is secretly wishing you never came back. More often than not, people dont know how much of a douch their dog is because groomer grin and bear it but next time your dog gets groomed and the groomer is scratched up, bandages or they just look mad in general and you notice something is wrong with your haircut(example, nails arnt done), assume your dog is bad, I know its hard And if you dont believe me, next time your dog is groomed, watch.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NOBODY I MEAN NOBODY LIKES GROOMING YORKIES. THEY ARE THE WORST BREED OF DOG TO GROOM, HANDS DOWN. FOLLOWED BY ANYTHING TERRIER, SCHNAUZERS AND MALTESES. 9.THe first time your dog gets a haircut, it may not be perfect.

Thats becuase the dog doesnt know anybetter and grooming is a learning experience. It may be scared or nervous and should not be forced. I know you think your dog is special and will do perfect the first time, but believe me, its not. 10.

IF you want to dispute the price, take your *** elsewhere. 11. if your dog is in heat, DO NOT GET HER GROOMED. That is disgusting and the dog dosent feel well.

Would you go to your gyno on your period you dirty, inconsiderate a hole? Would you get a wax? Arnt you in a crappy mode when you are on your cycle? And a humping dog IS NOT cute or funny.

Let me come to your job and hump your arm while you type! 12. COMMUNICATION COMMUNICATION COMMUNICATON. Read everything before you sign.

Make sure you know exactley whats going on. Dont say "well just do whatever" then get mad at the result. Groomers arnt mind readers. YOU need to be specific, what may look good to the groomer and random Joe over there may not look good to you.

If there is a problem, please let your groomer know. dont come on some website like this and blow things way out of proportion. MAny groomers aim to please and will try to make it right. 13.

Your dogs nails need to be clipped every 4-6 weeks or they will grow into the paw pad. The quick will also continue to grow and cannot be cut. Dont bring your dog in after 6 months and then *** that they arnt short enough. AND FINIALLY 14.

IF YOU HAVE KIDS, KEEP THEM AWAY FROM THE WINDOW. ITs not funny when your bad children are banging against the glass, it freaks the dogs out. DOnt hold your dog up to the window and wave and point. I guarantee, your dog dosent care and neither do the groomers.

If you see the dog is excited, walk away.

Dont be a *** and knowing disturb the dog becuase if the dog jumps and gets cut, everybody has a bad day and your child is now tramatized because he saw puppys leg bleeding!I was a groomer, so I know how it feels to be in their shoes and if anybody reading this wants to dispute me.......come at me bro

Review about: Grooming Services.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Petsmart Grooming Service
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Petsmart?

Comments

Hampton, Virginia, United States #1247422

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! ALL TRUTH

Come at me bro? What are 12 ? Talk like a Grown up.

to Anonymous Canton, Georgia, United States #1156519

Full coated cockers are the worst I think!Take ages to dry and forever to comb out.

I also love the "just got him back from my in-laws after 2 weeks" excuse.Amazing how those mats spring up when their dogs' not at home!

I agree with just about everything you said, except the paragraph that states that Yorkies are the worst dogs to groom, not to mention the other breeds.Difficult dogs to groom aren't breed specific.

I do agree with all you have said about the bad humans. People just want what they want and have zero clue how to care for their long hair/curly dogs. I've been doing this for 12 years now and I own my own place. It's a daily struggle to try to communicate the difficulties of grooming to people.

I've learned to take 5 minutes to assess their dogs before they leave. If they don't like what I've explained that I have to do (and this is usually the beyond matted poor dogs that they "just brushed out yesterday"-if I had a dime for every time I heard this...mind boggling) then I just hand the dog back. Sadly, they'll go somewhere else and get 'butchered' and sometimes they come crying back. I always accommodate, but it's gets old.

It's not rocket science people. GET A COMB!!!! You'll see. Oh, and kindly tip to person, owner or not, who just spent 2-3 hours professionally styling your dog.

That whole, I don't have to tip the owner rule is OLD SCHOOL. Thank you for your rant. I truly enjoyed it. I only wish the bigger P places had more experienced groomers.

Live and learn, but the learning experiences have traumatized many dogs. I know.

I get many of them.

That was awesome!!;)

EXACTLY WHAT I WOULD EXPECT FROM SOMEONE LIKELY A WORKER OR "USED TO BE " OF PETSMART OR PETCO.DEFENDING THEM IN SUCH A CLASSY WAY....APPLAUSE TO YOU !!!YOUVE JUST PROVEN THE POINT OF THOUSANDS OF CUSTOMERS!

YOU ....ARE JUST THE CLASS OF PERSON THAT YHEY HIRE ...LMAO USELESS ....

THERE ARE SOOOOO MANY THINGS WRONG WITH WHAT YOU SAID I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO THEN TO SIT HERE AND LIST THEM.ONE THING IS CLEAR ...THANK GOD YOU "USED TO BE"A GROOMER!

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States #959390

I find some of your points very valid, especially about customers.But a few were rather extreme.

I've dematted hundreds of dogs at shelters, and only some need to be shaved. Dematting is time consuming, to be sure, but I have never ripped out a mat, as you say is needed, instead using the proper tools. The daily need for a metal comb depends on that dog's fur, and that's not the only way to prevent matting, or the only thing needed.

Nails growing into pads if not clipped in only 6 weeks?Possible, but very rare.

Kayla92

You're awesome & like it or not people THIS is true.This isn't how it always is being a groomer..but like every job there IS ups and downs.

This is more directed towards the "downs" but it's TRUE. Obviously, they like their job!!! I've never met a groomer who doesn't !

They are doing it because they love dogs !!They don't get paid enough & they love dogs soo much they have dedicated their lives to working with them!!

Groomer
Brooklyn, New York, United States #903894

Omg so true

#901970

As a groomer at PETsMART, I disagree with a lot of these things.Someone needs to reevaluate their life choices and get wayyyyyyy away from any job involving animals.

Stay away from anything involving children too. And people in general.

I love my job. I love my clients.

I love when kids come up to my window, and I will wave, and sometimes, I'll make my dog wave. They love it, smile and walk away. If a dog is bad, instead of getting angry, I feel compassion for this terrified little animal, and try to make it as pleasant as possible.

And yorkies are one of my favorite breeds to groom.They have great personalities if you treat them with respect and not another dog on an assembly line.

You seriously are the type of PETsMART groomer that makes the GOOD PETsMART groomers look like *** with your bad attitude and obvious dislike for the job that you have chosen