Petsmart Grooming landed my dog at the emergency vet

272 of 791 Petsmart reviews

On Wed. June 3, 2015, I took my 1 year old Shorkie to be groomed at Petsmart #1421, 7350 S Gartrell Rd Gartrell in Aurora, CO. When I went to check her in they scheduled her incorrectly so instead of a 10:00 a.m. appointment, they said they could groom her at 12:00 p.m. Finally at 5:00 p.m. I received a call that she was finished. When I picked her up she came out with a bandanna tied around her neck. I didn't think much about it. They also did not give me a pawgress report which they normally do.

She wouldn't eat, cried all night on Wednesday and Thursday. We didn't know what was wrong. We thought maybe she was frightened when she was in their kennel. I just kept trying to console her. The next morning my husband was petting her and felt her neck. We had to take her to the emergency vet. They cut her and its infected!

I went to Petsmart grooming spoke to the manager and she insisted that if they cut or injured the dog, they would have let me know. I was furious told her the dog was at the emergency vet and showed her a pictured she gasped and said they would pay for all expenses. YOU THINK!! Yes, your paying for it. I did not receive one apology. Meanwhile, I'm dealing with my poor traumatized dog, upset kids, I'm upset. DO NOT TAKE YOUR PET THERE....

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
They tortured my dog
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Dog Grooming
Review category
Animal Services
review #646885

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Petsmart? Submit review ›
Helpful? 9 Yes 9 1 No 1
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
272 of 791 Petsmart reviews

PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.

Feb 08 #1108669

Never will. A long hair cat used to get groomed. As now myGSD gets her bath there

0 1 Reply

Jun 08, 2015 #992722 Stafford, Virginia, United States

sounds like they took responsibility as soon as they saw the injury...accidents happen I had my ear clipped at the barber once.

3 6 Reply

Jun 17, 2015 #996445

so what? Your a human, the dominant species. Getting your ear cut is not the same as a dogs throat getting sliced.

9 7 Reply

Jan 20 #1097983 Winona, Texas, United States

Accidents may happen, but the PetSmart tried to conceal and deny the accident. I have read of other such reports online. Your dog cannot speak up for itself.

5 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.