Denver, Colorado
1K views 4 comments

On Wed. June 3, 2015, I took my 1 year old Shorkie to be groomed at Petsmart #1421, 7350 S Gartrell Rd Gartrell in Aurora, CO. When I went to check her in they scheduled her incorrectly so instead of a 10:00 a.m. appointment, they said they could groom her at 12:00 p.m. Finally at 5:00 p.m. I received a call that she was finished. When I picked her up she came out with a bandanna tied around her neck. I didn't think much about it. They also did not give me a pawgress report which they normally do.

She wouldn't eat, cried all night on Wednesday and Thursday. We didn't know what was wrong. We thought maybe she was frightened when she was in their kennel. I just kept trying to console her. The next morning my husband was petting her and felt her neck. We had to take her to the emergency vet. They cut her and its infected!

I went to Petsmart grooming spoke to the manager and she insisted that if they cut or injured the dog, they would have let me know. I was furious told her the dog was at the emergency vet and showed her a pictured she gasped and said they would pay for all expenses. YOU THINK!! Yes, your paying for it. I did not receive one apology. Meanwhile, I'm dealing with my poor traumatized dog, upset kids, I'm upset. DO NOT TAKE YOUR PET THERE....

Review about: Petsmart Grooming Service.

Reason of review: They tortured my dog.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Petsmart?

Comments

Never will. A long hair cat used to get groomed. As now myGSD gets her bath there

Stafford, Virginia, United States #992722

sounds like they took responsibility as soon as they saw the injury...accidents happen I had my ear clipped at the barber once.

to Anonymous #996445

so what? Your a human, the dominant species. Getting your ear cut is not the same as a dogs throat getting sliced.

to Anonymous Winona, Texas, United States #1097983

Accidents may happen, but the PetSmart tried to conceal and deny the accident. I have read of other such reports online. Your dog cannot speak up for itself.