Petsmart has me totally outraged about the way they care for (or fail to care for) their fish, especially the Betta fish.I recently bought one sick Betta and tried to save it, which cost me a lot of money and I ended up having to redeem my "14 day guarantee" on a new fish.
I ended up with a male and female which are both happy and healthy. However, when I went in to buy some food etc for them, I check out the Betta fish display.... These fish were stacked on top of one another so they could not breath from the whole on top of their pathetic little jars. The cups they keep them in are bad enough as it is, there is no need to further suffocate the fish...
Also, many of the cups had about and inch of water in them- barely enough to submerge the fish. I spent about five minutes rearranging the cups so the fish could at least breath. It is just so hard for me to fathom buying any of my pet supplies (I have a bird and two cats as well), from petsmart when they are clearly neglecting their animals- even the ones that require such minimal care and upkeep.
I hate to write bad reviews to discourage people from buying fish from there- only because these animals need to be rescued from these conditions and go to good homes.They are great little creatures and easy to care for- there is NO EXCUSE for the negligence of this massive corporation, nor their inability to provide humane conditions for their "MERCHANDISE" AKA LIVING CREATURES!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Betta Fish
- Review category
- Pet Stores
You May Also Like
- "I slipped & fell on some dog urine that was not cleaned up. Petsmart Utica, Mi is notorious for the Oops stations not having paper towels in the dispensers so..."
- "This place is not suitable for ALL dogs. shy, nervous, scared dogs are neglected. The employees all seem to want to pay attention to the funny energetic ones and all your..."
- "I have taken my dog to get groomed here a number of times and this last time was the LAST time. Not only have they cut my dog they cut..."
- "I wish I could get off AARP's mailing list, they occupy the top of my junk mail sender list. They have begun employing a new and rather unscrupulous tactic, in..."
- "I would like to apply for a Canadian permanent residency from Dubai. I am an Indian with a masters in business administration and currently working as a Business Development Manager..."
- "My husband and I went to Hardees to grab something to eat thinking it would be a fast, easy and hot dinner. Well everytime I come to this location it..."
- "Culbreath Key Brokeside Condos in South Tampa have hired a goon, hit squad to dole out fines,harrass residents,make racial remarks and put their head lynch person by the name of..."
- "I went in to the Fantastic Sams on US 41 in Bradenton, in the Target plaza. I used to go to the salon in Ellenton and recently moved to this..."
- "My name is Danielle Pannoni and my 8 month old puppy Lulu was being boarded by Camp Bow Wow Tampa when she was bit by a German Shepherd. The manager..."