Petsmart has me totally outraged about the way they care for (or fail to care for) their fish, especially the Betta fish.I recently bought one sick Betta and tried to save it, which cost me a lot of money and I ended up having to redeem my "14 day guarantee" on a new fish.
I ended up with a male and female which are both happy and healthy. However, when I went in to buy some food etc for them, I check out the Betta fish display.... These fish were stacked on top of one another so they could not breath from the whole on top of their pathetic little jars. The cups they keep them in are bad enough as it is, there is no need to further suffocate the fish...
Also, many of the cups had about and inch of water in them- barely enough to submerge the fish. I spent about five minutes rearranging the cups so the fish could at least breath. It is just so hard for me to fathom buying any of my pet supplies (I have a bird and two cats as well), from petsmart when they are clearly neglecting their animals- even the ones that require such minimal care and upkeep.
I hate to write bad reviews to discourage people from buying fish from there- only because these animals need to be rescued from these conditions and go to good homes.They are great little creatures and easy to care for- there is NO EXCUSE for the negligence of this massive corporation, nor their inability to provide humane conditions for their "MERCHANDISE" AKA LIVING CREATURES!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Betta Fish
- Review category
- Pet Stores
PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "These pictures show the before grooming and after grooming of my niece's puppy, Max. A once affectionate and fun-loving dog is now a neurotic mess. He won't come..."
- "I'm really pissed about the sale they have recently ran which has Black Ghost Knife fish on sale at half price. I went to the store when I got the..."
- "I took my 3 dogs and my friends 6 month puppy to be groomed at the Pets Smart in Clearwater, FL when I got home I noticed my Bichons foot..."
- "I purchased the case (3 boxes, total of 18 packs) of Kellogg's PopTarts a couple of weeks ago and upon opening the individual packages noticed that the product was wet..."
- "Purchased living room ensemble which included sectional sofa, end tables, entertainment wall unit, and as a bonus, a 50" plasma TV. Also purchased the "protection" plan for the..."
- "I ordered a 100 dollar necklace with 7 charms and a plate... And then payed for expedited shipping... I got the package on time, just to open it and find..."
- "OMG DONT RENT FROM THEM!! They are slum lords! Online the pictures were of a nice house. I rented via internet moving from Florida to Indiana. What I got was..."
- "Dealing with Consumers Kitchens and Baths was a terrible experience! I do believe that they are the worst company I have ever dealt with. After they sent a man to..."
- "I ordered a miu miu shoes online, they came the wrong size so I went to the store itself to exchange them...they did not have them in their inventory. So..."