Update added by user Nov 29, 2015
As an update so people do not get confused.My dog is very healthy, we have had her vet checked and three vets says she is at a healthy weight, i don't want people to take this review the wrong way.
I can post a picture of our dog to (I'm not sure if this sight allows it).
She is at 28lbs and whippets range from 25-40lbs depending on size.We feed our whippet 1 cup of dry food, with half a cup rice or oatmeal 2 a day, and half a cup of dry food at lunch.
Original review posted by user Nov 29, 2015
A couple weeks ago me and my daughter (13), went to pet smart with our 2 year old whippet. This was our second time at pet smart only because they have a bigger selection of items, but we really prefer pet value. Anyways, my daughter was looking at some treats to get her dog and one of the employees was whispering to the other while looking at us but we thought nothing of it. Eventually the employee comes over to us and bends down on her knees and asks if our dog can have a treat, we say okay. She gives our dog a couple of big treats. Than she stands up and asks us if our dog is sick because she looks "unhealthily skinny", my daughter than replies, "no, she is a whippet, she's naturally skinny, and she is on the smaller side too", the employee than nods and asks what we are feeding our dog. My daughter than replies with "just dry food, chicken soup for the soul, she's been on that all her life as she used to be a show dog." Than the employee starts saying how we aren't taking proper care of our dog and how she should be put on a wet food diet and being fed more. She also mentioned that she would have called the humane society because we weren't taking proper care of our dog and our dog "looked scared".
We left immediately. My daughter was extremely mortified and started crying in the car. Let me tell you this. My daughter loves her dog more than anything in the world, she wakes up extra early to make eggs, or some sort of treat item to add to her dogs breakfast. She literally takes her dog wherever she can bring her, and all she talks about is how much she loves her and would do anything for her. Wherever we go, people always tell su how happy our dog looks and how great of a pair they both are. To have someone say to a child that they are abusing there dog is just not right. Shame on you for hiring inexperienced employees
now let me explain that Whippets are naturally slim and skinny. We feed our dog a lot, more than the recommended amount for her breed, because she is on the smaller side, and she has never been raced so she hasn't built any muscle mass, so you can see a faint outline of her ribs. We do have the occasional person ask us if this is "normal" for the breed, but they ask it in a nice way, the way that employee spoke to my daughter was just unacceptable.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Unknowledgeable staff
- Rude employees
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- get knowledgeable staff that know about pet breeds
- Product or service
- Dog Treats
- Review category
- Pet Stores
PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "I took my 3 dogs and my friends 6 month puppy to be groomed at the Pets Smart in Clearwater, FL when I got home I noticed my Bichons foot..."
- "My pure bred Doberman Pinscher stayed at Petsmart Hotel in Tukwila WA from July 24 through July 31st. While paying the cost of his boarding, a staff mentioned that he..."
- "I took my Shih-tzu to Petsmart, after 8 hours i picked him up and at the moment could not see anything, because all the scratches where under. He came..."
- "I purchased 4 bracelets from their online site on December 2 to give to my best friends as Christmas gifts. By December 12 I noticed my order had still not..."
- "I switched from Rogers to Telus, after an hours with the paper work, got home and gave the phone to my wife, left to work, make a first called to..."
- "My wife and I reserved the 10:15 pm bus from Niagara Falls to Toronto because the terminal staff recommended we take that bus instead of the 10:35 Greyhound which we..."
- "It's a great airline if you like the idea of a flying a city bus. I don't normally do reviews but I had to go out of my way to..."
- "On 14th November 2016 Elite Phones and Computers collected my Samsung Galaxy note 8 64g tablet by UPS. I was assured that they would be able to replace the motherboard..."
- "I ordered a miu miu shoes online, they came the wrong size so I went to the store itself to exchange them...they did not have them in their inventory. So..."