Update added by user Nov 29, 2015
As an update so people do not get confused.My dog is very healthy, we have had her vet checked and three vets says she is at a healthy weight, i don't want people to take this review the wrong way.
I can post a picture of our dog to (I'm not sure if this sight allows it).
She is at 28lbs and whippets range from 25-40lbs depending on size.We feed our whippet 1 cup of dry food, with half a cup rice or oatmeal 2 a day, and half a cup of dry food at lunch.
Original review posted by user Nov 29, 2015
A couple weeks ago me and my daughter (13), went to pet smart with our 2 year old whippet. This was our second time at pet smart only because they have a bigger selection of items, but we really prefer pet value. Anyways, my daughter was looking at some treats to get her dog and one of the employees was whispering to the other while looking at us but we thought nothing of it. Eventually the employee comes over to us and bends down on her knees and asks if our dog can have a treat, we say okay. She gives our dog a couple of big treats. Than she stands up and asks us if our dog is sick because she looks "unhealthily skinny", my daughter than replies, "no, she is a whippet, she's naturally skinny, and she is on the smaller side too", the employee than nods and asks what we are feeding our dog. My daughter than replies with "just dry food, chicken soup for the soul, she's been on that all her life as she used to be a show dog." Than the employee starts saying how we aren't taking proper care of our dog and how she should be put on a wet food diet and being fed more. She also mentioned that she would have called the humane society because we weren't taking proper care of our dog and our dog "looked scared".
We left immediately. My daughter was extremely mortified and started crying in the car. Let me tell you this. My daughter loves her dog more than anything in the world, she wakes up extra early to make eggs, or some sort of treat item to add to her dogs breakfast. She literally takes her dog wherever she can bring her, and all she talks about is how much she loves her and would do anything for her. Wherever we go, people always tell su how happy our dog looks and how great of a pair they both are. To have someone say to a child that they are abusing there dog is just not right. Shame on you for hiring inexperienced employees
now let me explain that Whippets are naturally slim and skinny. We feed our dog a lot, more than the recommended amount for her breed, because she is on the smaller side, and she has never been raced so she hasn't built any muscle mass, so you can see a faint outline of her ribs. We do have the occasional person ask us if this is "normal" for the breed, but they ask it in a nice way, the way that employee spoke to my daughter was just unacceptable.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Unknowledgeable staff
- Rude employees
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- get knowledgeable staff that know about pet breeds
- Product or service
- Dog Treats
- Review category
- Pet Stores
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I took my shitzui to pet smart a month ago, we asked them to get rid of his not so matted hair, they said that it will have to be..."
- "Be aware!!!!. I took my dog this morning to the pet smart in Orlando, Fl 8219 S John Young Pkwy. When i picked him up the lady told me that..."
- "Above is a photo of Don Lee, the manager who assaulted me at the PetSmart store in Whitby, Ontario. I've learned that he has now been transferred to the PetSmart..."
- "RANT...1000.......I KNOW YOU KNEW THIS DAY WAS COMMING?............WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!! ***!!!! HOW THE *** YOU GONNA POST MY 20 YEAR OLD CRIMINAL RECORD ON LINE ...MAKE UP FAKE..."
- "Purchased from Home Depot a RO water filtration system, it leaked and caused damage. They sent plumbers to repair it a few times and the damage under the sink cannot..."
- "...On reaching the counter, I was told the flight was overbooked and I won't be allowed to board the flight..."
- "I signed up with bidtoro.com in July. Took a while to figure out how the bidding process works as mass bidding takes place within the last 5 minutes. After losing..."
- "I received a box of creams and was billed $17.84 for shipping costs. The invoice in the box showed no charge, but I was aware I would be paying for..."
- "I was gifted with a KitchenAid Food Processor to assist me in chopping functions. It's the new line (ExactsliceTM 13-cup Food Processor). During the unpacking stage, I noticed that the..."