10825 N Tatum Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85028
Featured Not resolved

I took my 3-month-old puppy in to simply ask at what age should I start doing puppy cuts? I was greeted and spoken to extremely rudely and was told I would have to completely shave her because she had knots in her hair.

I decided that I did not feel comfortable with that person grooming my dog so when I made the appointment, I scheduled it with someone else. When we showed up for our appointment a few days later I was again rudely, by a second person, told I did not have an appointment. I rescheduled for a weekday when I would have to take time out of work to take her. When we walked in a few mornings later I was again rudely, now by the third person, greeted and checked in for her appointment.

As we were checking in 2 big dogs and their owner walked in behind me and the dogs were screeching and the owner said, “they hate coming here”, which I should have taken as a sign and left right then. I was told to sign paperwork, but she would not explain to me what I was actually signing and was being rushed out. I was holding my puppy close to me because she was scared and shaking and as I went to grab the pen to sign the groomer ripped my tiny puppy out of my arms and took her to the back without saying anything. I was then told the price would be over $50, when I scheduled a puppy cut for $18, and I continued to tell her DO NOT shave my dog I want her to get used to the groomers and she just needs a trim.

I came back less than 10 minutes later deciding I just wasn’t comfortable with this and she was already completely shaved except for her head and paws and from across the room I could see her shaking. I spoke to the manager and explained the situation and she sternly told me “I was just in there and your dog was fine until you walked it!” Instead of owning their mistake and saying I’m sorry for deliberately doing what I was told not to, they kept making excuses and yelling at me. I then had to take my puppy to a second groomer to fix her face and paws. I thought that it would be safe and perfect to take her to PetSmart for grooming as she LOVES doggy day camp, training, buying toys and the Banfield vet at the same store.

Only now when we walk into PetSmart she immediately starts shaking and tries to run away.

I spoke to dog owners at my new groomer and within 5 minutes of first being at the front desk I found out 4 others had similar horrible experiences at the same location of PetSmart. Please think twice before trusting these groomers with your precious puppies!

Product or Service Mentioned: Petsmart Grooming Service.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Petsmart Pros: Training, Hotel, Vet.

Petsmart Cons: Grooming, Unprofessional and rude, Lauren.

• staff attitude
  • Petsmart complaint
  • Pet Smart Grooming

Comments

AshlieMaryn

PetSmart contacted me through Facebook and asked for my information and said that someone would be in contact. That was on September 4th and I have contacted them three times since saying I had still not been contacted.

I have told them that my loyalty is dropping more and more each time they say they will reach out and they don’t.

Clearly PetSmart does not care about customer service and keeping customers trust. They lost my grooming business and they will lose the rest of my business as well.