Petsmart - Grooming Issue
I have been an avid PetsMart customer for years.It is my primary choice for food, clothes, accessories and grooming for my 18 month Shih Tzu, Evie.
I have easily spent several thousand dollars on her there. She has been groomed by PetsMart 5 times at least. I have had several ok experiences, a couple great experiences and what I would consider a very sad experience. I made an appointment for a normal groom, with focus on lower length tummy hair and nail filing because she is getting spayed this week.
I was aware she had a few mats in her hair and gave the groomer the ok to cut them and trim her face. I also agreed to pay extra to have her teeth cleaned; why not? Every time I have had Evie groomed after the grooming I ask how she was. Each time they tell me she was good except she doesn't like ear plucking.
When I arrived to pick Evie up (3 hours after I dropped her off & 30 minutes after I was told she would be complete but never received a call), the groomer told me she didn't like having her face trimmed and that Evie had bit at her. If she did, she weighs 10lbs & it wasn't hard. Also, I would say the groomer was too rough with her if she had that issues where past groomers had not. I opted for her not to pluck the ear hair because I could tell Evie was upset.
I don't even know if she cleaned her teeth. I got my bill, went and bought Evie 2 new sweaters and stocked up on $30 worth of treats. I even felt bad for the groomer and went back in and tipped her $5 on top of my $58 grooming job. When I got home and in the light I was shocked.
I am not picky if the hair is a little uneven. However, both the insides of her eyes looked like they had been shaved to bare red skin. No wonder she didn't like her face trimmed. Her face looks painful and like the groomer shaved WAY too close.
Her eyes could even be scratched and I will be having them checked this week.I have attached photos or her normally and what they did.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Grooming Service
- Review category
- Animal Services
PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "Groomer said they knew how to groom a Papillion. I verified when I made the appointment, and twice when I dropped him off. The groomer even sounded upset..."
- "Today, 04/20/15, I brought our 3 year old yellow lab into the Manchester NH petsmart store #1869 in for a routine full service bath and groom. A groomer took her..."
- "Above is a photo of Don Lee, the manager who assaulted me at the PetSmart store in Whitby, Ontario. I've learned that he has now been transferred to the PetSmart..."
- "Good luck! We had a pipe in our kitchen DISINTEGRATE this morning and were told that there is no need for an expedited service call because there's not an active..."
- "I bought a dress from TBdress that was stated to be 'burgundy". They delivered a bright red dress. Further, the dress was sewn with measurements that were smaller..."
- "I had three bad experiences with Doordash.com. Two were on one order. The first time I went to order the site didn't work properly. To order two things from one restaurant..."
- "Every month I have to contact them. They tell me problem is resolved and the next month they do it again. Charges for install and their modem I never got..."
- "Don't be fulled by O2pure TV commercial. They are a scam! Nothing is free obviously but they really try to pull a fast one on you. DO NEVER give your..."
- "I spent over 20 minutes with a brothers online support person who told me to take out the toner--remove it from the drum-replace it-go online for various information-do various procedures..."