Petsmart - Grooming Issue
I have been an avid PetsMart customer for years.It is my primary choice for food, clothes, accessories and grooming for my 18 month Shih Tzu, Evie.
I have easily spent several thousand dollars on her there. She has been groomed by PetsMart 5 times at least. I have had several ok experiences, a couple great experiences and what I would consider a very sad experience. I made an appointment for a normal groom, with focus on lower length tummy hair and nail filing because she is getting spayed this week.
I was aware she had a few mats in her hair and gave the groomer the ok to cut them and trim her face. I also agreed to pay extra to have her teeth cleaned; why not? Every time I have had Evie groomed after the grooming I ask how she was. Each time they tell me she was good except she doesn't like ear plucking.
When I arrived to pick Evie up (3 hours after I dropped her off & 30 minutes after I was told she would be complete but never received a call), the groomer told me she didn't like having her face trimmed and that Evie had bit at her. If she did, she weighs 10lbs & it wasn't hard. Also, I would say the groomer was too rough with her if she had that issues where past groomers had not. I opted for her not to pluck the ear hair because I could tell Evie was upset.
I don't even know if she cleaned her teeth. I got my bill, went and bought Evie 2 new sweaters and stocked up on $30 worth of treats. I even felt bad for the groomer and went back in and tipped her $5 on top of my $58 grooming job. When I got home and in the light I was shocked.
I am not picky if the hair is a little uneven. However, both the insides of her eyes looked like they had been shaved to bare red skin. No wonder she didn't like her face trimmed. Her face looks painful and like the groomer shaved WAY too close.
Her eyes could even be scratched and I will be having them checked this week.I have attached photos or her normally and what they did.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Grooming Service
- Review category
- Animal Services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My daughter took her Siberian Husky to PetSmart in Springfield Illinois to be groomed (brushed) like she has for years. They called and said Nyomi wouldn't stand still for..."
- "This person is very unstable and is allowed to set up at the entrance at Petsmart. He is full of hate and I worry one day he will do something..."
- "While shopping Sunday 10/4/2015 at Petsmart in West Long Branch, New Jersey (#0760) for calming products (ie ThunderShirt) and discovered MASSIVE amounts of RODENT *** on the shelves (along side..."
- "Hi all of you. My name is Rachel Mirelez. I have been with preview models for coming up on a year and It has been the most amazing experience ever...."
- "I was told the firat 5 times regardless of weight i would recieve $50 but after 5 hours of being there stuck 3 times and then very bruised afterwards i..."
- "Surprise by hubby purchased me my 1st real life like doll was a huge disappointment & cost way to much-Abby Rose, described as real like, blue eyed baby-has purple eyes,..."
- "I ordered furniture the first week of February, its may 18 and i still haven't received all of it. They brought me a broke chest and a bed that didn't..."
- "Mobile mechanic Ronnie Hewitt, owner of Indy's Mobile Mechanic, and his accomplice Sarah Asher are scammers! They will lie, cheat and steal from you. I only called them..."
- "Bought treadmill in NOV 2016. Was supposed to be able to Bluetooth you tablet and heart rate monitor. Just bought a new tablet and tried to sync following the instructions...."