Petsmart - Groomer cut off my Papillions Ear fringe

246 of 791 Petsmart reviews

Groomer said they knew how to groom a Papillion.I verified when I made the appointment, and twice when I dropped him off.

The groomer even sounded upset that I would dare to ask if they knew how to do their job. They DON'T. When I picked up my Papillion, they had cut off all his butterfly fringe. I've looked on line - that doesn't grow back.

Store manager said sorry and that is sad. He also said he would talk to the groomers.

That was all.$60 lost and my Papillion doesn't look like a Papillion any more - no more butterfly ears.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had an experience with Petsmart? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
246 of 791 Petsmart reviews

PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.

Nov 13 #1239893 Tucson, Arizona, United States

Hair is hair, and it grows back. If it doesn't, your dog has an underlying medical condition that is causing it's hair not to grow. A CUSTOMER has requested that I cut off his dogs ear fringe, and every 3 months he asks me to cut it again because IT GROWS BACK.

Oct 09, 2015 #1045678

Hair grows back.

1 0 Reply

Nov 02, 2015 #1057557

Not always. My king shepherd had crimped ear fuzz and it didn't grow back

Jul 21, 2015 #1010415

Rest assured, the fringe should grow back with no issue. I've seen clients have the ears shaved (which they've asked for) and it grows back just fine. It just might take a month or two.

Jul 19, 2015 #1009314

I'm sorry to hear that, and I understand how upset this may be for you, but perhaps this will make you feel better: Your dog could care less that his butterfly fringe is gone. What he cares about is to be loved by you and other family members.

6 0 Reply

Jul 17, 2015 #1008564

Oh, how sad you must be about this. But your dog is absolutely gorgeous no matter what. I imagine it will be very difficult, but please try not to upset your dog with your emotions over this. Your beautiful pup cares what you are thinking.
Thank you for alerting everyone.

3 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.