8 February 2018 In San Antonio Texas I took my 2 year old male Persian to get groomed and this is what happened. I set and waiting on the girl to even show up.

After checking him in I left. I got a call from the groomer. My cat was half shaded. After picking him up I immediately to him to my veterinarian to get examined.

I have never see someone and someplace be so unprofessional. Why they would do this to any animal.

Product or Service Mentioned: Petsmart Cat Grooming Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

why would they "do this" to any animal, you ask? you mean, why would they make the correct judgement call in regards to your cat's health and well being, and stop grooming in the middle of the shave down?

most likely because you own a severely brachycephalic (snub-nosed) breed of cat. long story short, this means your cat's quality of life is compromised due to just being himself, unfortunately. when we breed for smushed in faces we create respiratory issues, for one.

if i had to guess, your cat, not being under sedation/anesthesia at a veterinary clinic for a prior grooming, probably lost his cool and started getting finicky, as one would expect, especially from a cat. your cat likely was having breathing trouble/"getting too stressed out" and it was likely unsafe to proceed with grooming your cat.

to disgruntled vet tech #1510246

Uh no. A smushed face does make for respiratory issues, but there is no reason to leave a cat groomed like this. If the "respiratory issues" were really an issue to begin with, then they wouldn't have started grooming the cat in the first place.Gtfo of here you Petsmart shill.