I took my dog in for grooming.Happy, healthy Yorkie.

Went to pick him up from a new groomer there and they handed him to me and I put him in the car and he rolled over on his side and just slept and slept when he came home. Next day when I came home from work and got him out of his kennel he just fell over...couldn't walk...just kept falling over. Took him to Vet who said he probably wouldn't never walk again that the damage to his neck was severe and put a neck brace on him and gave him steroids....his front paws had no reaction would just bend over...took him back a week later and same thing. Vet said take him home and keep the neck brace on and steroids but that I would probably have to decide if I wanted to put him to sleep.

Called Petsmart where they have video cameras of the time your dog enters until he is picked up and leaves the store. Asked to see the video and was told I would probably have to get a subpoena for that per the store manager. Called and wrote to the store manager and corporate asking to see the video and nothing more. NO RESPONSE!

Called again...no response.Now I will have to get a lawyer from my son's law firm to get involved.

Review about: Petsmart Dog Grooming Service.

Reason of review: Hurt my dog in grooming.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Incompetent groomers, Injured my dog, Ethics, Injured pet.

Had an Experience with Petsmart?

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1348649

Best get an attorney on this ASAP as now that Petsmart is aware of a problem they may try to tell you they don't keep videos very long and, unfortunately yours is now gone.They obviously did something to the dog, but unless you see the video you will never know.

I would sue them anyway as your dog went in healthy but came out crippled.They will settle but if you have video evidence they will pay!