Clearwater, Florida

I took my 3 dogs and my friends 6 month puppy to be groomed at the Pets Smart in Clearwater, FL when I got home I noticed my Bichons foot had been injured when clipping his nails and the puppy also had 2 toes that had been clipped so bad that they had to put medicine on them to stop the bleeding!!!When we called to complain the manager said "this happens all the time" What?

Related: Petsmart - Worst groomers in the world !!!!

Mine is 6 yrs old and NEVER had this ever happened!

This was my first time at PetsSmart and it will be the LAST!If this happens all the time I think its time to close your grooming services!

Review about: Grooming Services.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Petsmart Grooming Service
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Petsmart?

Comments

It is always best to use a privately owned business.

If anyone is this upset about a nail being quicked they shouldn't own a dog.

to Anonymous #1172322

word.

It is a big deal and it SHOULDNT happen all the time. If a groomer EVER did that to my baby there wouldn't be a hole deep enough for them to hide in.

Jo

Sorry to break it to you, but as someone who works in a grooming salon I can tell you that, yes, this does happen often, and it's not a big deal.You should calm down and research "quicking" dog nails, as it's called, to see that it's a common accident and always a risk when clipping nails.

When it happens the dog might yelp or *** his paw because it can be uncomfortable, but in my experience the dog doesn't even react half the time. We then put styptic powder on the nail to stop the bleeding. If the dog is quicked very badly (much more would have to be cut off than what happened to your dog) it would probably be much more painful but that's not likely to happen unless the person literally has no idea what they're doing. Anyway, I highly doubt your dog has never been quicked in 6 years unless the person cutting his nails was purposely leaving them long.

Most likely you just never noticed he was quicked.And it doesn't matter if you bring your dogs to somewhere other than PetSmart, this is can happen anywhere.

Poopsy
Tempe, Arizona, United States #953706

That is dispicable!I would report this veterinarian to the right board have them fined, and then you sue them.

Animals are like our children and deserve the same respect as any living being including that groomer. I'd like to do HER NAILS!!! Ha ha! How mean!

It DOES NOT HAPPEN ALL THE TIME . ONLY WITH INEXPERIENCED BEGINNERS. I WOULD TAKE THEM TO COURT. TOO MANY PEOPLE TREAT ANIMLS BAD AND A VETERINARIAN ESTABLISHMENT HAS NO EXCUSE.

BLOW THEM OUT OF BUSINESS.MAKE FLYERS & post them around their clinic.

Penn
to Poopsy Lynchburg, Virginia, United States #957294

Is this supposed to be a satire, or...

IT DOES HAPPEN ALL THE TIME.It's not a severe injury at all.

It is literally like when you cut your fingernails back too far. Chill.

Out.Bruh.