Petsmart - Bad grooming

453 of 791 Petsmart reviews

Update added by user May 14, 2015

People, I was not charged for matts cutting or whatever you call it, wish i had the receipt to show, so stop making excuses for bad business and stop insulting me for telling the truth.If you are here to check on others experiences with certain businesses, this is what you see, others experiences.

If you want to bully people go to youtube or facebook.

This is a complain site for serious matters.I did not write my experience so you can judge me, i did for those who are thinking about using this specific business services, might think again and safe some grief.

Update added by user May 14, 2015

I took my dog to Petsmart on East West Connector instead of Cumberland this time and the treatment was a lot different, they even care to write down the transition during the process, very different than the careless hiding something attitude from the Petsmart on Cobb Pkwy.

Update added by user Nov 01, 2014

For all the Petsmart mediocre workers who think they are so smart to come and say that the dog was matted, NO he did not have any tangles in his hair, ok. He was very neat and well taken care of, to which I would like to say that this dog I rescued from the streets and when I took him, his hair was terrible tangled, yet I took him for grooming and despite the fact that he was matted, he was not scratched one bit, meaning that it all depends on WHO does the job.

Update added by user Jul 29, 2014

I forgot to mention, when you get your dog back, if he is wearing a cute bandana around his neck, you need to take it off right there and inspect your dog, because my dog had one and when we took it off at home two hours later, we saw some on his neck too.

Original review posted by user Jul 01, 2014

I took my Shih-tzu to Petsmart, after 8 hours i picked him up and at the moment could not see anything, because all the scratches where under.He came with several red spots where his skin has been peeled off and several cuts.

He was depressed for two days, no barking at cars, just laying down sad, for whole two days.

Absolutely nothing was mention to me, yet I went to pick him up a little before they say, and they wanted me to wait outside.It seems they allowed someone who was learning to do my dog without any supervision, no apologies, no refund of money, nothing at all.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Grooming
Review category
Pet Stores
review #505318 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Petsmart? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 2 No 2
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
453 of 791 Petsmart reviews

PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.

Dec 20, 2015 #1081631

That dog looks fine and normal

1 0 Reply

May 14, 2015 #984547

And i quote: "Grammar PoPo to Anonymous Feb 09 #943378 Redwood City, California
"You're dog was matted. Your post is difficult to even understand with the spelling a grammar errors."
Anyone else find this ridiculous, funny, ironic? What a ding dong..."
ja ja I do "you're dog was matted"???????? lol and then talk about someone else grammar, i can see why you are called grammar popo lol

0 0 Reply
Patches

Jan 10, 2015 #928953

You really have to be careful about groomers.Some drug the poor dogs.I learned to do it myself. You should have sued their assets !!!!Lots of luck to you.

1 5 Reply

Mar 17, 2015 #959855 Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States

What?!?! That is not true, I work at a Petsmart salon, and you would get fired so fast if you gave the dog ANYTHING! We are not even allowed to take dogs if the owner states they give them benedryl to calm them down. Benedryl! So no, what you're claiming is absolute **** and don't go around letting people believe this ***. Yes, some groomers suck and cuts happen when the dog is wiggling and flailing around, that being said if they are doing it so badly that a risk of cutting is eminent the groomer should've stopped and sent the dog HOME. But most times when a dog goes home and acts depressed or quiet, it is NOT because they were drugged, it is because they are really stressed out and exhausted! It is very loud and fast paced in the back of a salon, and only about 5 in every 100 dogs can handle it showing zero signs of stress.

3 2 Reply

Mar 17, 2015 #959859 Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States

Also, just judging from the imagery in the pictures you provided, I see nothing wrong with your dog aside from a couple of scratches and some general redness, and the way those scratches lie, they don't seem like they came from a razor at all. That looks to be about a #7 blade which is the shortest you can go on the body unless that baby IS matted, then you use a #10. So it looks to me like your baby has contact allergies, maybe a residue on the fur itself, that caused him to scratch and you didn't see it until it was shaved. There could literally be ANYTHING on your dogs skin and you don't notice till the hair is removed, like if you got a tick on your head you wouldn't know till it got so swollen it stuck out and you caught it with a fingernail in the shower.

3 2 Reply
Dog Lover

Dec 05, 2014 #911682 Queen Creek, Arizona, United States

Poor Baby, I would have raised *** with the store. The spots look to me to be burns and if one is not careful, one could also scratch the dog with the clippers. I believe what you say. I groom my dogs and I have many so can't afford Pet Smart, but every once in a while I take them for a professional look. I won't take them any more that is certain. But going back to my grooming, I have had a burn on one of my dogs...I was so upset, that I cried. Also, have had a small cut on one of them. The clipper can do both if one is not careful. I do my best, but I am not a professional. This is not excusable on the part of Pet Smart. They are supposed to be professionals. Next time, if there is a next time, demand your money back from the manager. I would.

1 2 Reply

Nov 01, 2014 #893932

I can tell you now that's not from the groomer!!!!! Think about why your dog was shaved! Also remember he's a shih tzu which means he's low to the ground, which means ant/bug bites! Some of you people are a joke. Always needing to place the blame on someone else when you know *** well those things are caused by your own stupidity!
Thank you and have a wonderful day! :-)

4 5 Reply
PD

Oct 08, 2014 #881607

Those are definitely the markings of a matted dog. The groomer did nothing but correct your neglect.

7 3 Reply

Nov 01, 2014 #894146

0 4 Reply

Feb 04, 2015 #941238

YOU signed the paperwork authorizing the length of the haircut. You're dog was matted. Your post is difficult to even understand with the spelling a grammar errors.
In any case, groomers don't just *** nilly decide to do whatever they want for a haircut.
What length did you tell them to do? Did you read what you signed? Dogs dont get 'tangles', they get matted.
There are risks with shaving a matted dog including: razor burn, nicks and cuts, skin irritation and underlying conditions . When fur matts it pulls the skin inside the matt, making it easy to nick or scrape.
If you didn't neglect brushing your dog, it wouldn't have been shaved. Brush your *** dog and stop complaining. Your dog looks fine to me.

4 2 Reply
Grammar PoPo

Feb 09, 2015 #943378 Redwood City, California, United States

Anyone else find this ridiculous, funny, ironic? What a ding dong...

2 5
anonymous

Mar 31, 2015 #965960 Whittier, California, United States

Have had the same problem with Petco. Our dog came back with numerous scratches & acted very nervous. She's usually a very happy dog & have never had a problem at the grromers. She is not matted, regularly bathed, well fed, walked, brushed & babied all around. We took her back again hoping it was a one-time thing & she did NOT want to go (unusual for her). Again she came back with scratched & nicks & this time near her eye. When I was picking her up, several people came in one after the other having problems with cuts & yes, one with the style. The groomer decided to shave the dog & the owner definately stated to leave the "skirt". (I heard because we dropped our dogs off at the same time & just happened to pick up at same time). so, yes, there seems to be a pattern & we won't be back.
BTW - grow up & don't harsh people especially for something you DON'T know. Find a group you have something in common with (or therapist ) to
talk to & don't torture yourself with those of us who don't know anything about our own dogs.

0 2

May 14, 2015 #984539

I think that if that was the case, Petsmart at Cobb Pkwy has a very "severe communication with the client" issue, because absolutely nothing was said to me about anything at all.

0 0

May 14, 2015 #984546

I was not charged for matts cutting or whatever you call it. If you are here to check on others experiences with certain businesses, this is what you see, others experiences.
If you want to bully people go to youtube or facebook.

0 0
erb

Aug 18, 2014 #858290 Alabama, United States

It looks to me that the doggy was in poor condition before grooming,those spots are hotspots and also he was cut so short due to matting.Its your fault if you dont brush your dog!!

8 1 Reply

Nov 01, 2014 #894147

The short cut was requested just so that it will last longer and NO he did not have any tangles in his hair, ok. He was very neat and well taken care of, to which I would like to say that this dog I rescued from the streets and when I took him, his hair was terrible tangled, yet I took him for grooming and despite the fact that he was matted, he was not scratched one bit, meaning that it all depends on WHO does the job.

0 2 Reply

Jul 14, 2014 #840444

Why did you leave your poor dog for 8 hours?

3 0 Reply

Nov 01, 2014 #894148

so you tell me what was I supposed to do?

0 0 Reply

Jul 11, 2014 #839071

I seriously doubt they had someone learning groom your dog without supervision, even with supervision they give out coupons for people willing to let a grooming student groom their dog. They don't want people coming early because dogs get excited when they see their owners and stop behaving, so finishing the groom becomes both more difficult and more dangerous for groomer and dog. It looks like your dog was shaved down very close to the skin, my guess is he was matted. When your dog is matted they have you sign a release form that says matts often cause and hide from sight irritation, cuts and injuries, which is the truth and which appears to be the case with your issues. As for being depressed i don't know, maybe he was just relaxing after the painful matts were finally released.

3 1 Reply

Jul 29, 2014 #847942 Marietta, Georgia, United States

If you call a shitzu dangerous you really need help. And if you cannot differentiate between relaxation and depression you need some serious help. And no, he was not matted.
Obviously mediocrity will defend mediocrity.

2 5 Reply

1-20 of 24 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.