10/1/2017, Westerly, RI, Pet Smart.Today I brought my Airedale to Pet Smart for a bath and grooming.

The results were horrendous!!! I asked for the usual Airedale haircut, which usually entails dematting and brushing out of certain areas, trimming and squaring off of whiskers and trimming other areas. In the end, one expects a perfectly groomed Airedale. Well, this was not the case today!!!!

After three hours I received a call that Chase was ready to be picked up. When I arrived and Chase was brought to me, he didn't look at all like the Airedale I had brought in to be groomed. The groomer literally shaved him!! Not only his legs, but his entire body.

She must have used an electric shaver, and rather than dematting, he now looked like a breed of dog I had never seen before!!! It must have taken her no more than 10 minutes for the entire job!!! For this I was charged $72.76. I had asked that his nails be clipped which were very long.

She forgot to do his nails. My last three visits to Pet Smart for Chase's grooming were totally successful, so I couldn't believe what I was now witnessing. This groomer was totally inexperienced, at least with Airedale grooming. I did call the grooming salon when I got home since I was so disappointed and told the groomer how disappointed I was.

I asked for a refund.

There was an apology.I was refunded the entire $72.76, but after this one bad experience, I doubt that I will go back to Pet Smart again.

Review about: Petsmart Dog Grooming Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Grooming department customer service, Grooming.

Had an Experience with Petsmart?

Comments