i took my Australian Shephard to Petsmart for grooming.They literally shaved her down to almost nothing!
Within the week my dog had open sores, losing hair, and irritated. This is an outside dog. A real trooper, never ill, 10 years old and always in a good mood. While I'm on duty my wife takes her to the vet.
The then does shave the remaining fur off and discovers that she has burned right down the middle of her back! After almost $1000 in bills, her blood analysis looked awesome (she really is always healthy as a horse, even after injury) her skin biopsies came back negative for any MRSA or related issues, and the final lab determination was thermal burn!! They felt she received a sunburn due to her hair being almost shorn-off. I requested them to review all the vet comments and lab results.
all I asked for was recompense of the original bill, not the vet-hospital care we have to give her several times a day. They have refused! Do not go to Petsmart for anything! Boycott these people who have built a tidy animal product empire but consistently allow the abuse and mistreatment of animals in their grooming shops.
They are ill-trained and should know that certain breeds cannot be clipped as short as my dog was!I don't expect people to know how to handle catastrophic emergencies, thats my job, taking care of and being educated about animal care and well-being is there's!!!!!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Veterinary Care
- Review category
- Animal Services
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "In Sept. 2012 my doxie,Oscar went there while I waited to have his nails cut. In April 2011 he had a slipped disc and I did range of motion therapy..."
- "We took our Little Labradoodle to Petsmart for Grooming. We told them medium length fur. After 4 hours we were called to pick him up. He was BUTCHERED! Patchy haircut..."
- "10/03/2015. We brought our red and white papillon Bindi into the south 72nd street store to have her cleaned and groomed. Everytime we've taken her in we have specifically told them..."
- "Automobile Club Of Southern California is a Fraud! Do Not Do Business With Them! I did sign up for their Services, however, since I did Not need their Services after all since..."
- "I wish would have done research prior to having transplanted hair. I probably wouldn't have acted on desperation of wanting fuller hair. I not only lost more hair than i..."
- "My wife is a flight attendant of a major US Airline, so we travel to France and other countries often on vacation. When we return a rental car, in..."
- "Das Kleid sitzt toll und hat einen schönen Schnitt. Es fällt sehr schön. Für Frauen mit dicken Waden ist dieses Kleid perfekt. Schade dass es dieses Kleid in keinem hellen..."
- "Worst experience ever!! I went to heb on a Saturday morning and came out to find someone hit my car with their car. Im assuming they were too lazy to..."
- "In 2013 I purchased a Lazyboy bonded leather recliner chair with a platinum warranty. Within 3 years, the covering of the chair began to peel. Upon checking with the Lazyboy..."