Petsmart Grooming Problems

I keep seeing all these people complain about Petsmart Grooming,and I for one am tired of it.I understand there are bad groomers and Im not denying the fact that some groomers can have attitudes and not care and should be fired.

BUt 8 out of 10 times, its the customers. 1.Just because its "customer service" dosent mean they have "Im your ***" stapled to their name tags. So treat people like you want to be treated. 2.

If your dog is matted, it gets shaved. DO you know what goes into dematting? Its a painful process, it irritates the skin and the only way to remove mats is to RIP them out. Yes I said RIP, theres no "magic spray" that removes knots and tangles and if your groomer says there is, they are lying plain and simple.

Dogs need to be COMBED daily, not brushed but combed with a metal comb. Thats the ONLY way to prevent matting. 3. THere is no way a groomer can make your dog sick, dont take your dog someplace and not have the proper protection/shots.

4. Its very easy to miss fleas at home. Unless you have a flea comb, they are tricky little buggers and will do whatever it takes to be unnotices. Even crawing into your dogs butt/vulva/eyes/ears/nose/mouth They dont just sit on your dogs back and shout, "HERE I AM!".

5. Im sorry if the groomers dont know you by your name, YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL. I know you think you are but trust me, the two seconds before you walk in, the groomers are asking eachother, "who is this?" "do you know him/her?". 6.

If you bought a Goldendoodle, labradoodle, morkie, cockapoo etc....you are an ***. THere are no breed clips, so dont ask. THey arnt breeds, they are mutts, point blank. Ask the AKC 7.

If you bought a teacup anything....you are an ***. Teacup= runt and you just paid hundreds extra for a dog that WILL have health issues, dumb ***. 8. If your dog bites,then IT BITES.

If you ask how your dog did and the groomer says "uhhhhhh" or "ummm" or "well..." or " he dosent like it" then your dog IS A PIECE OF ***. It may be your baby and shouldnt *** you but your sweet precious angel cake has no issue biting somebody else. If your dog bites I guarentee every single last person in that salon hates it and is secretly wishing you never came back. More often than not, people dont know how much of a douch their dog is because groomer grin and bear it but next time your dog gets groomed and the groomer is scratched up, bandages or they just look mad in general and you notice something is wrong with your haircut(example, nails arnt done), assume your dog is bad, I know its hard And if you dont believe me, next time your dog is groomed, watch.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NOBODY I MEAN NOBODY LIKES GROOMING YORKIES. THEY ARE THE WORST BREED OF DOG TO GROOM, HANDS DOWN. FOLLOWED BY ANYTHING TERRIER, SCHNAUZERS AND MALTESES. 9.THe first time your dog gets a haircut, it may not be perfect.

Thats becuase the dog doesnt know anybetter and grooming is a learning experience. It may be scared or nervous and should not be forced. I know you think your dog is special and will do perfect the first time, but believe me, its not. 10.

IF you want to dispute the price, take your *** elsewhere. 11. if your dog is in heat, DO NOT GET HER GROOMED. That is disgusting and the dog dosent feel well.

Would you go to your gyno on your period you dirty, inconsiderate a hole? Would you get a wax? Arnt you in a crappy mode when you are on your cycle? And a humping dog IS NOT cute or funny.

Let me come to your job and hump your arm while you type! 12. COMMUNICATION COMMUNICATION COMMUNICATON. Read everything before you sign.

Make sure you know exactley whats going on. Dont say "well just do whatever" then get mad at the result. Groomers arnt mind readers. YOU need to be specific, what may look good to the groomer and random Joe over there may not look good to you.

If there is a problem, please let your groomer know. dont come on some website like this and blow things way out of proportion. MAny groomers aim to please and will try to make it right. 13.

Your dogs nails need to be clipped every 4-6 weeks or they will grow into the paw pad. The quick will also continue to grow and cannot be cut. Dont bring your dog in after 6 months and then *** that they arnt short enough. AND FINIALLY 14.

IF YOU HAVE KIDS, KEEP THEM AWAY FROM THE WINDOW. ITs not funny when your bad children are banging against the glass, it freaks the dogs out. DOnt hold your dog up to the window and wave and point. I guarantee, your dog dosent care and neither do the groomers.

If you see the dog is excited, walk away.

Dont be a *** and knowing disturb the dog becuase if the dog jumps and gets cut, everybody has a bad day and your child is now tramatized because he saw puppys leg bleeding!I was a groomer, so I know how it feels to be in their shoes and if anybody reading this wants to dispute me.......come at me bro

review #304929
100 104 Helpful?
Had the same issue23 Comments70
Had an experience with Petsmart?  Submit review about this company
Is it your business?
Respond to your customers as verified company representative.
Apply for free plan
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login

Mar 16 #959390 Albuquerque, New Mexico

I find some of your points very valid, especially about customers. But a few were rather extreme. I've dematted hundreds of dogs at shelters, and only some need to be shaved. Dematting is time consuming, to be sure, but I have never ripped out a mat, as you say is needed, instead using the proper tools. The daily need for a metal comb depends on that dog's fur, and that's not the only way to prevent matting, or the only thing needed. Nails growing into pads if not clipped in only 6 weeks? Possible, but very rare.

0 0 Reply
Kayla92

Dec 09, 2014 #913515

You're awesome & like it or not people THIS is true. This isn't how it always is being a groomer..but like every job there IS ups and downs. This is more directed towards the "downs" but it's TRUE. Obviously, they like their job!!! I've never met a groomer who doesn't ! They are doing it because they love dogs !! They don't get paid enough & they love dogs soo much they have dedicated their lives to working with them!!

Nov 17, 2014 #901970

As a groomer at PETsMART, I disagree with a lot of these things. Someone needs to reevaluate their life choices and get wayyyyyyy away from any job involving animals. Stay away from anything involving children too. And people in general.
I love my job. I love my clients. I love when kids come up to my window, and I will wave, and sometimes, I'll make my dog wave. They love it, smile and walk away. If a dog is bad, instead of getting angry, I feel compassion for this terrified little animal, and try to make it as pleasant as possible. And yorkies are one of my favorite breeds to groom. They have great personalities if you treat them with respect and not another dog on an assembly line.
You seriously are the type of PETsMART groomer that makes the GOOD PETsMART groomers look like *** with your bad attitude and obvious dislike for the job that you have chosen

2 4 Reply
Doglover44

Aug 05, 2014 #851675

Who wants to leave their dog with someone like this for 2-3 hours?? Scarey {:-0

4 6 Reply
Corrinehhhhhh

Aug 05, 2014 #851654

You r one creepy dude - you're the perfect example of why customers complain. You give Ps grooming/groomers a bad reputation. Your creepy remarks about morkies, Maltese, labradoodles, goldendoodles etc shows what a dog hate ing creep you are. FYI -this may come as a surprise to you- dogs behave like dogs. They bark, they squeel, they wiggle, they *** and pee and they *** when they are frightened and stressed! DEAL WITH IT! You want paid then act like a professional and do your job right! No one forced you to become a dog groomer did they? Please do all of us dog owners a favor and go get yourself a telemarketing job.

3 6 Reply
Mick

Aug 05, 2014 #851623

Pet smart wants $80 to groom my dog for 3 hours? That's almost $30 an hour? Ha- and customers shouldn't complain if not done to their specifications? I'm a nurse who deals with (human) life and death situations every day at my job. I don't make $30 an hour. Quit whinning! Groomers- If you can't handle the heat find a new job!

2 6 Reply

Oct 12, 2014 #883869

$15 an hour. Corporate takes the other half.

Groomer

Nov 21, 2014 #903896 Brooklyn, New York

They get paid commission and only get half! We are trained u don't wanna pay then groom urself

Sara11

Dec 09, 2014 #913512 Lake Elsinore, California

They make commission you make hourly. It's a bit different

Mick

Aug 05, 2014 #851610

"BUt 8 out of 10 times, its the customers. 1.Just because its "customer service" dosent mean they have "Im your ***" stapled to their name tags. So treat people like you want to be treated. ". And - " If you bought a teacup anything....you are an ***. Teacup= runt and you just paid hundreds extra for a dog that WILL have health issues, dumb ***. "8 Really????? Wow! Treat people the way you want to be treated? YOU are obviously one of those "bad" groomers who needs to find a new profession- and a life. And maybe some anger management

7 4 Reply
anonymous

Jun 09, 2014 #825583 Jackson, Wyoming

Oh my god I love this its so true and funny. I'm tired of all these prissy little s**** and the ire *** about how their "poor little princess" didn't get a perfect haircut! I mean seriously its not like the dog actually cares

4 2 Reply
ShutTheFuckUp GroomerBoy

Jun 04, 2014 #823729 Manhattan, New York

Hey angryman,
Go SuckaDogDick you arrogantFucktardedCumbreath.
You hate your job. People hate you. Even your mom looks at you and wishes she would have given head that awful night you were conceived.

2 9 Reply

Jun 05, 2014 #824298

Gotta love internet tough guys

4 1 Reply

Jun 03, 2014 #823183

Wow. You just successfully convinced me to never use petsmart. Apparently the groomers hate their jobs.

3 5 Reply

Jun 04, 2014 #823696

Good

2 0 Reply
Greeneyedgal

Apr 29, 2014 #810352

I worked as a bather then trained as groomer at a petsmart, and it sucks. The *** one groomer has to go through, ungrateful, champagne on a beer budget clients, sooo many rules and regulations that one questions why even have grooming, and YES THEY ARE QUANTITY OVER QUALITY! The worse part is the cut throat mentality among the other groomers. I have personally seen dogs erased and replaced by groomers cause it was either high dollar or super obedient. Bad and obnoxious dogs were always given to new groomers out of training, and the manager has messed up a haircut on purpose to hopefully rid of it ever coming back. Money money money is all petsmart cares about and will do anything to keep you coming even if it means you get it for free. Which means groomer gets nothing for the effort put in on the groom, be it a good dog, or a dog from *** that needs gentle sedation. Petsmart is a joke and there are hidden uglies, reusing towels, toothbrushes, dirty pee filled cages to save time and money, dirty water bowels moved from one pet to another, injuries that look like bruises, hung dogs from v-dryer cause the bather is just a fresh out of high school need money type. Its always packed with 30 or more so dogs and more on the way, barkers upsetting the nervous ones. Its not were pets are family, its were pets go to be put through ***. I quit cause it was just too much. Too much sell sell sell, and being over booked even after I asked to please stop. I was told you dont... Show more

shihtzufreak

Mar 11, 2014 #793353

I'm a groomer and your my hero

kiTTie

Feb 06, 2014 #782826 Cambridge, Ontario

I've never had a problem with my dogs at any groomers specially when it was their first time. It's because I took the time and energy since they were puppies to teach them how to be calm when getting groomed, getting their nails done and making sure their fur never gets matted without being at the groomers. I only do it as a treat so they can have the day in the dog spa. I disagree with a lot of people saying 'Its the groomers fault' I always question them on that reasoning. I mean anyone can be a groomer for dogs (I should know bc I am not a trained professional) but I read on the basics of grooming and trimming and learn from just being there.
Good post :)

0 1 Reply
cat luver

Oct 20, 2013 #731008

I totally believe this groomer. People want to tell a groomer how to do their job. They think because the live with the dog, that the dog will act that way with a stranger in a strange environment with loud clippers and dryers and other strange animals. Don't blame the groomer for your dogs behavior. The delivery is a bit rou :p gh but the groomer ma :roll kes sense

1-20 of 70 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Petsmart.
Filing a new complaint about
×