Petsmart Grooming- Now my whole family has ringworm!

Apr 12, 2011
review #231889

I took my cat to the Petsmart in Dallas off Dallas Pkwy/Inwood a month ago and slowly over the past month her hair started falling out. Now all three of my cats have ringworm as well as my husband and I. I guess they don't think it's necessary to clean any of their cleaning tools after grooming infested animals.

The cat that was originally infected with the ringworm has lost almost all her fur now and was very old and not in the best of health to begin with and now our vet is suggesting that we should put her down since she will most likely not be able to get through the ringworm treatment.

abf693f
Had an experience with Petsmart?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
anonymous

Jul 24, 2013 Huntington Beach, California

How come it seems like most of the complaints come from owners who have little, hyper, yipper dogs (Yorkies, Pommies, Shitsu (?) etc. These are the ones that seem to always have a chip on their shoulders due to the puny size.

0 0 Reply
mandykinz

May 23, 2012

HA! You can get ringworm from any where! You can be pissed off all you want at the salon but even a doctor will tell you it could have been anywhere. If your so worried about ringworm I would stay away from cash if I was you. Know how dirty money is? A lot worse is crawling on that than ring worm.

really

Oct 10, 2011

Your going to blame petsmart for ringworm? When its one of those things you can't say where it came from!!! Someone in your family could have had it. Just get some anti fungal cream from CVS and put it on and move forward in life. You can get ringworm from hospitals very common! You can get it from sitting outside, shaking someone's hand, durrr

ogstyles

Jul 07, 2011

sorry for your troubles i am going through the same thing now but from ine of there guinea pigs. you can read my post if you like. horrible thing ringworm.I am now dealing with there insurance agency.Don't worry about peoples comments, ive had the same and i'm 100% sure the ringworm came from them and there policies do not help prevent transmitting to there clients. :( :( :( :(

0 1 Reply
groomer715

May 13, 2011

well you guessed wrong. do you know that ringworm is most commonly spread through human to human contact AND it mainly thrives in areas that are hot and moist aka athletes foot, jockitch...etc i really hope you dont blame petsmart for any of those either.... the only thing we dont disinfect are out clothes and im sorry but im not bringing 9 smocks and 9 pairs of pants to work because someone thinks they can catch ringworm lol you would be amazed at what animals can get just by walking on the floor or even just being introduced into a different place such as a PETSTORE..... distemper, kennel cough, parvo just like humans animals get sick, you just need someone to blame.

Groomer

Apr 19, 2011

Um.. you're blaming the salon for ringworm?

really?

Have you confirmed another animal had ringworm at the time? How in *** do you know an animal with ringworm was there? ANY animals with contagious health concerns are immediately sent home... Specifically for that reason..

Did you bother to read anything?

1 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Petsmart.
Filing a new complaint about
×